The Student Room Group

2 BSc's, how many transcripts?

Hello, this is my first post and I am glad I found Student Room.

So the case is, I have a Bachelor in Agriculture and another one in Computer Science.
I am planning to apply for a MSc at Computer Science at various UK and non-UK Universities and before I send mass emails asking the same thing I would like your personal exprerience.

Considering that Agriculture is totally irrelevant to Computer Science, should I provide complete and translated transcripts for this bachelor too (grades, courses descriptions etc)?

Thank you.
I would say it depends on whether or not it strengthens your application and whether full disclosure is mentioned in the application (i.e. 'please attach details of all undergraduate results'). If you did well at it, there's certainly no harm.
Reply 2
Well, the truth is I didn't do so well at my first BSc and I'm kind of worried whether it is going to be a plus at my application. My second's BSc grades on the other hand are rather attractive.
Reply 3
Does it mention whether they want good results from your first degree? A lot of courses seem to specify this so have a look. If they don't provide both anyway.
Do you have to show your transcripts? Could you not show your certificates instead. When I applied for my masters all I had was my transcripts so I supplied those. However when I applied for my present degree course last year I just showed my BSc and MRes certificates and that was fine. To be honest I don't even think I ever got a transcript for my masters I just have my certificate.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending