Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does Shariah Law have a place in the UK?

Announcements Posted on
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supraman)
    hahahah you don't know anything, a large chunk of western Russia lies in Europe :facepalm:

Clearly you need to go and get yourself educated, Russia is both in Europe and Asia.

How is it personal attacks, as your being biased, clearly as shown as before, your saying Muslims can't help non-Muslims if their oppressed or poor, just put that there based on how you see it, rather than looking at the faith. When charity in Islam is allowed to be given to all people, than how would helpings others be restricted based on faith.

would be pretty equal, you'll be under a different law technically, if you commit a crime,you get punished accordingly to your laws.

How would I know, if he hasn't committed sodomy, he'll be fine.

What has the west got to do with anything................lets see, a large group of these Muslim majority countries are run by what, Monarchies, which are not allowed under Islam, so why would they want to give up their power....it's all about greed as I stated before, keep up
    lol

edit: haven't read this who argument just the bit in bold made me laugh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    lol

edit: haven't read this who argument just the bit in bold made me laugh
    why is that funny..............look at the time of the Muslim's prophet, Christians in Medina who committed crimes were punished according to their laws, Jews likewise. Even though the law of the land was Islamic law, they would only get involved under that if a Muslim was involved.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    why is that funny..............look at the time of the Muslim's prophet, Christians in Medina who committed crimes were punished according to their laws, Jews likewise. Even though the law of the land was Islamic law, they would only get involved under that if a Muslim was involved.
    How is it a "law of the land" if it only applies to muslims?

Contradict much?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `R92)
    Educate me why it's good please.
    Everything has functions. Are you telling me all the Quran does is promote violence? :curious:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    How is it a "law of the land" if it only applies to muslims?

Contradict much?
    did you read the rest...the law extends them if it involves a Muslim, whether they are a victim or preparator
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    its funny that you think "you would be equal" and "you would be under different laws" aren't contradictions of each other.
    I am aware that this is how Mohammed ran Medina and I can agree that relative to other places at the time it was a good move towards freedom of religion but it still is efficiently not equality to hold one person to one set of laws and a second person to another.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    did you read the rest...the law extends them if it involves a Muslim, whether they are a victim or preparator
    I don't care about circumstances under which it extends to people.

I just want to know how it is the law of the land, if it only applies to muslims or when muslims are involved.

Do you even understand what "law of the land" means?

What would happen to a gay non-muslim having sex with a homosexual muslim.

How would they be judged?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    Everything has functions. Are you telling me all the Quran does is promote violence? :curious:
    What? How did i imply that at all. I'm just asking why it's good since you seemed to be so sure of it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think there should be a choice for Muslims (only) in this country, meaning when Muslims commit a crime they are given the choice of whether or not they want to be dealt with by the Sharia law or this country's law?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you come to the uk you should respect our traditions, our language and our law.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamalAhmed)
    I think there should be a choice for Muslims (only) in this country, meaning when Muslims commit a crime they are given the choice of whether or not they want to be dealt with by the Sharia law or this country's law?
    no because the law of the country should always override any religious rules.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's so special about muslims that they get a choice?

Also, let's say that in democratic law, there is no penalty for homosexuality but under Sharia, the penalty is death.

Why would a muslim (if given the choice as you say) choose Sharia in this case?

The whole penal system would become a laughing stock if you gave muslims a choice haha...what a ridiculous suggestion :lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No.

Our country, our rules. Don't like it, **** off somewhere else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WHY OH WHY did this thread have to become 5 pages long.

We have people on here trying to act like a controversial politician here after receiving an A on one little end-of-term politics exam at AS level - when all they are in reality are internet trolls.

'I am UK's future, controversial, cool politician, and Oh, Islam? Ha!'

No one on here knows ANYTHING about Islam and Sharia law, they just watch the news and their childish wannabe politician is ignited. All hail the TSR politician!

P.S And some muslim on this forum thinks 'it is my duty to educate the world about Islam' and so they write and write and write. But over the past few years, there's always a new breed of these immature, troll, wannabe politicians bringing up Islam again.

There's no point.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you and all the other muslims already took the choice to follow british law when you came here, if you want shariah law go to a muslim country :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance. Britain should be becoming more secular not less.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    its funny that you think "you would be equal" and "you would be under different laws" aren't contradictions of each other.
    I am aware that this is how Mohammed ran Medina and I can agree that relative to other places at the time it was a good move towards freedom of religion but it still is efficiently not equality to hold one person to one set of laws and a second person to another.
    But that's what makes it fair for followers of each faith, why should they be judged based on another, it would cause even more inequality, and cause religious strife.

(Original post by .eXe)
    I don't care about circumstances under which it extends to people.

I just want to know how it is the law of the land, if it only applies to muslims or when muslims are involved.

Do you even understand what "law of the land" means?

What would happen to a gay non-muslim having sex with a homosexual muslim.

How would they be judged?
    The main law of the land would obviously under Islamic, the way things are run, etc....but different faith followers are given their right to an extent to be trialed by their faith.

I wouldn't know, but if it can be proven, than its sodomy under Islamic law for the Muslim, not sure about the non-Muslim.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brianop)
    WHY OH WHY did this thread have to become 5 pages long.

We have people on here trying to act like a controversial politician here after receiving an A on one little end-of-term politics exam at AS level - when all they are in reality are internet trolls.

'I am UK's future, controversial, cool politician, and Oh, Islam? Ha!'

No one on here knows ANYTHING about Islam and Sharia law, they just watch the news and their childish wannabe politician is ignited. All hail the TSR politician!
    people like you are even worse
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    What's so special about muslims that they get a choice?

Also, let's say that in democratic law, there is no penalty for homosexuality but under Sharia, the penalty is death.

Why would a muslim (if given the choice as you say) choose Sharia in this case?

The whole penal system would become a laughing stock if you gave muslims a choice haha...what a ridiculous suggestion :lol:
    I would choose the Sharia.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    The main law of the land would obviously under Islamic, the way things are run, etc....but different faith followers are given their right to an extent to be trialed by their faith.

I wouldn't know, but if it can be proven, than its sodomy under Islamic law for the Muslim, not sure about the non-Muslim.
    So it brings us back to square one...Sharia for muslims and whatever people want for non-muslims. How exactly do you expect a country to run this way?

How would the police work? Let's say that Sharia bans homosexuality. Well how would the police arrest someone for being homosexual? It's not like all non-muslims will have a giant stamp on their foreheads identifying them as non-muslims. How would the police know who is muslim and who isnt?

Secondly, what would happen to apostates? If someone converts from Islam to another religion, will they a) be allowed to do this and b) if they are allowed, will they stopped getting judged under Sharia and get a choice to pick a different system since they aren't muslims anymore?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.