The Student Room Group

applying for uni now, abit late?

Hello,

I have just finished sixthform and have studied btec business level 3 and sociology which the results are still pending for. before leaving college i thought that i will do apprenticeship and i didnt go on ucas and now i have tried so many places for apprenticeship and im not getting it. Now i want to go uni and i know the deadline has gone but can i apply for a course are uni which is sociology at uel directly from their site without ucas? I know i can apply for next year with ucas but how about this year directly to the uni without ucas?

Thankyou very much :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by chocolatethundah
Hello,

I have just finished sixthform and have studied btec business level 3 and sociology which the results are still pending for. before leaving college i thought that i will do apprenticeship and i didnt go on ucas and now i have tried so many places for apprenticeship and im not getting it. Now i want to go uni and i know the deadline has gone but can i apply for a course are uni which is sociology at uel directly from their site without ucas? I know i can apply for next year with ucas but how about this year directly to the uni without ucas?

Thankyou very much :smile:

I'm not to sure about the uel stuff. it's not too late as you can go into clearing. just go on ucas and look it up, sorry i couldn't be much help
Reply 2
UCAS clearing is availble from 7th August. If your lucky you might get the course you want but be open to other unis and similar other option. You still need to apply to UCAS and just wait and see on the day.
Reply 3
Your best chance is to go into ucas and hopefully get a place in clearing. Unis can make offers directly to students after clearing finishes in mid september but this will obviously be just for places that the unis couldn't fill during clearing so there's a good chance nothing would be left for you.
Hello,

First of all I would like to apologise for posting a LONG thread/question. I have already posted a thread about being possible to still apply for uni and I have applied. No one in my internal family has ever gone University so I would be the first one. Before leaving sixthform I thought that I will do an apprenticeship but they are so hard to get as well! I wanted to do an apprenticeship with thomas cook but I havent got an answer back for so many months now so thats a no lol. I have applied on UCAS and am aware I will go for clearing, it's fine. My sixthform has shut now and the only reference I have is my sixthform. Until they dont get a reference, I cant send the application. I am not sure how long it will take. Results day is on the 16th of August and on that day I will call UEL and hopefully try to get in. Does UEL need the UCAS application and my school's reference? Will my school give reference on the same day? sorry for soo many questions as I am the first one going through this and being so stupid not to do it before! I regret not applying before and would have done it the less tense way.

THANKYOU SO MUCH!
Reply 5
Although your school is closed the teachers will still go in, and there should be admin staff in too. So phone them and ask about a reference! It may take a while but stress that it's important.

If you're only interested in one uni and you really can't get UCAS sorted early then you may be able to get in using another method called an RPA but that isn't guaranteed, so so try to sort UCAS asap. Your school will probably need a few days to write your reference, which is why you need to start contacting them now.
Thankyou everyone! I luckly had my form tutors num and found it in my planner so i could contact her if i needed any help! what a coinsidence! I have submitted my UCAS and my student finance, i guess i just gotta wait till results day!

thankyou all for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending