Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Breaking: Terry charged by FA

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    :laugh:
    You have to be a special kind of person to think finding a joke about racism funny means you are being racially abusive :laugh:
    Find me some funny jokes about the Jews then. Post them here and see how well received they will be.

Not by the law or by actual logic is that true at all, bless.
    Whether I deem racism by the definitions provided by the Law is irrelevant. Nice to see your douchebaggery is in tact.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    The offensive language he used against Terry.
    So lemme get this straight, we all have to hear about big bad Anton saying **** to poor old braveheart Terry, but Evra's allowed to talk about Suarez's sister's **** and that's not even included in the report?

Should be the same for both, no? Or is this where Terry gets defended again?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    but Evra's allowed to talk about Suarez's sister's **** and that's not even included in the report?
    Shh, lying isnt good for you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shh, lying isnt good for you.
    When Evra's the one who admitted it? Suarez never even knew, shot himself in the foot but nobody picked up on it, and just because the media never picked up on it, I suppose that's what you're choosing to believe.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwertyG)
    What was the point of going court then...waste of tax payers money
    That was as a result of a member of the public complaining, so it was outside the FA's jurisdiction. Don't see why it's a bigger waste of taxpayers' money than any other court case...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    When Evra's the one who admitted it? Suarez never even knew, shot himself in the foot but nobody picked up on it, and just because the media never picked up on it, I suppose that's what you're choosing to believe.
    Dude, just stop lying to yourself.

Here it is in the report.
    "Mr Evra told us that he began the conversation by saying "Concha de tu hermana". Mr Evra's evidence was that this is a phrase used in Spanish like when you say "****ing hell" in English, but the literal translation is "your sister's pussy". Mr Suarez did not hear Mr Evra say this."

Then you say nobody picked up on it..
    Here is it directly mentioned in multiple articles.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...z-patrice-evra
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-6283930.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rice-Evra.html
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16375963

Etc.

So just shh.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Find me some funny jokes about the Jews then. Post them here and see how well received they will be.
    People laugh at jokes that are in bad taste all the time, doesn't make them racist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I despite the FA. They are incompetant, immoral and stupid. The trial which JT was aquitted of the crimes should be evidence enough of his innocence. Do they think they know better then a judge? Do they know something we don't know? Remember this whole event caused the FA to remove Terry's England captaincy (despite being innnocent till not proven guilty) and therefore losing Capello (whatever you think of him) a few months before a major tounament. We seriously need a shake up of the English FA.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anton should be punished too. He was not innocent of improper conduct on that football pitch. If he thinks he can go around saying whatever offensive stuff he likes about people and expect them not to return the favour then he is bang out of order.

Before anyone accuses me of condoning racism, this is clearly not the case as John Terry has been proven innocent in a court of law. Also, Ferdinand denies hearing the so-called attack by JT, and so I find the fact that this is still going on ridiculous.

The FA have done this in order to avoid a backlash by black players who feel wronged that justice has prevailed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flair91)
    I despite the FA. They are incompetant, immoral and stupid. The trial which JT was aquitted of the crimes should be evidence enough of his innocence. Do they think they know better then a judge? Do they know something we don't know? Remember this whole event caused the FA to remove Terry's England captaincy (despite being innnocent till not proven guilty) and therefore losing Capello (whatever you think of him) a few months before a major tounament. We seriously need a shake up of the English FA.
    The FA, one of the main reasons why we will never win anything
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenx123x)
    Anton should be punished too. He was not innocent of improper conduct on that football pitch. If he thinks he can go around saying whatever offensive stuff he likes about people and expect them not to return the favour then he is bang out of order.

Before anyone accuses me of condoning racism, this is clearly not the case as John Terry has been proven innocent in a court of law. Also, Ferdinand denies hearing the so-called attack by JT, and so I find the fact that this is still going on ridiculous.

The FA have done this in order to avoid a backlash by black players who feel wronged that justice has prevailed.
    The court has to be able to prove that he's guilty beyond reasonable doubt. The FA have to be able to prove that he's guilty on the balance of probability, thats why it is still going on.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just find it ridiculous. For a start, they presumed him guilty before his trial, leading to his armband being lost and Capello being sacked. And now he has been proven innocent, they wont re-instate him? Ludicrous.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    People laugh at jokes that are in bad taste all the time, doesn't make them racist.
    I'm sure the FA will take a different view as do I. The FA even warned Carlton Cole over his immigration joke when Ghana came over to play a friendly. Bit amusing coming from a black player but ah well. There appears to be no mitigation when "improper conducts" are used as a reaction to vile insults as the charge of Emmanuel Frimpong seems to suggest. Do the FA really expect people never to react at being constantly goaded on the pitch? And, say if Terry does get a long ban, what players could do instead is just to break their legs and hope for a simple three match ban.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the FA will take a different view as do I. The FA even warned Carlton Cole over his immigration joke when Ghana came over to play a friendly. Bit amusing coming from a black player but ah well. There appears to be no mitigation when "improper conducts" are used as a reaction to vile insults as the charge of Emmanuel Frimpong seems to suggest. Do the FA really expect people never to react at being constantly goaded on the pitch? And, say if Terry does get a long ban, what players could do instead is just to break their legs and hope for a simple three match ban.
    Carton Cole was making the joke not laughing at it? Most comedians in the world make a living from offensive jokes, and everyone laughs at them. Rio just isn't the sharpest tool in the box, he should have known better.

Are you seriously suggesting that because Terry was goaded its fine to start throwing around racist abuse? If Terry doesn't want to get abuse he shouldnt shag his team mates wives.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Carton Cole was making the joke not laughing at it? Most comedians in the world make a living from offensive jokes, and everyone laughs at them. Rio just isn't the sharpest tool in the box, he should have known better.

Are you seriously suggesting that because Terry was goaded its fine to start throwing around racist abuse? If Terry doesn't want to get abuse he shouldnt shag his team mates wives.
    Ryan giggs?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most comedians in the world make a living from offensive jokes, and everyone laughs at them.
    Yes and that's not something I believe is acceptable.

Rio just isn't the sharpest tool in the box, he should have known better.
    Given that he was convicted of drink driving, yes I'm well aware of that fact. He even had the cheek to suggest that he should be forgiven.

It's none of Anton's business. Does he know Wayne Bridge's sexual fetishes too then? If adultery is really a big thing for Anton why doesn't he do the same to Rooney or Giggs? Or even his own brother for committing an affair? Plus, the FA rules state:

"It is alleged that Terry used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ contrary to FA rules"

What Anton did can reasonably be seen as contravening these rules. May be his own sex life is non-existent so he took an interest in others. Or he's just jealous because the French woman who Terry was alleged to have an affair with is attractive. I'd bang her. I have no issue with the racial element but if they are not charging him on racial element, but the catch all "improper conduct" then both should apply.

Terry should have just called Anton a dopey bastard instead as I've mentioned earlier.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Ryan giggs?
    If he got abuse about it then racially abused someone my opinion would be exactly the same. I would be suprised if he hadn't received abuse about it to be fair.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure how they can charge Terry for it and expect to find him guilty even with the lesser standard of evidence required. =
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes and that's not something I believe is acceptable.
    Then you are in a small minority.

Given that he was convicted of drink driving, yes I'm well aware of that fact. He even had the cheek to suggest that he should be forgiven.

It's none of Anton's business. Does he know Wayne Bridge's sexual fetishes too then? If adultery is really a big thing for Anton why doesn't he do the same to Rooney or Giggs? Or even his own brother for committing an affair? Plus, the FA rules state:

"It is alleged that Terry used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Queens Park Rangers’ contrary to FA rules"

What Anton did can reasonably be seen as contravening these rules. May be his own sex life is non-existent so he took an interest in others. Or he's just jealous because the French woman who Terry was alleged to have an affair with is attractive. I'd bang her. I have no issue with the racial element but if they are not charging him on racial element, but the catch all "improper conduct" then both should apply.

Terry should have just called Anton a dopey bastard instead as I've mentioned earlier.
    He was trying to put Terry off his game by bringing it up, unprofessional yes, but little else. Are you suggesting being unprofessional and racially abusing someone are on the same level?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Then we have a different stance on racism. There's no such thing as a funny racist joke.

What do you study at Plymouth? :confused:
    What about the 'N****r jokes' used by Chris Rock?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 28, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.