The Student Room Group

How can you cite in a literature EE

Someone once told me that when you write the EE, you can't have any ideas of your own, you have to say "so-and-so says _____" and "so-and-so also says___".

But if a literature essay is all about interpretations etc, how would i cite (MLA) for this? If i even need to

I know how to do it for the intro and the factual stuff, but not too sure about the poems themselves

My EE's about wordsworth being revolutionary, and the poems i'm doing are goody blake/ harry gill, to a skylark and the world is too much with us

Thanks
Reply 1
Of course you can have ideas of your own!
Reply 2
You don't get marks without ideas of your own... Check MLA formatting. You put something in brackets, eg. (Euripides, 39) and then at the Bibliography at the end, put the detailed reference including edition, version, date of publish, etc. If you're doing this every second sentence then you're doing something wrong. Go ask your supervisor, don't trust a vague, unreliable 'someone'. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies people :smile:

And I would ask my supervisor, but it's the summer. It's hard enough to get a response from him even during the school year :l

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending