The Student Room Group

Films you couldn't finish

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ilyas
a serbian film

Agreed. :sexface:
Reply 81
Oh as much I wanted to, I could not finish Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, maybe some time when I'm feeling more patient I'll give it another go.

and I really wish I never watched Lesbian Vampire Killers, felt like I lost the use of many brain cells after that film.
(edited 11 years ago)
Titanic.

Only because I cry so much as soon as the ship starts to sink that I have to turn it off.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Yeah I know 90% on rottentomatoes, but it's one of those films that's far too pretentious and complicated to appeal to most people, but will appeal to equally pretentious psuedo-intelligent film critics. If you're a real history buff, maybe you'll like it, otherwise don't waste your time.
The Kings Speech
Disaster Movie - was watching it with my brother and sister and had to walk out of the room ten minutes in...biggest pile of crap I've ever seen, I felt like my brain was turning into a puddle of goo. Still hurts my head thinking about it.
Reply 86
Jack and Jill, I did not want to see it anyway but, after having been begged for the nth time by my friend I caved, after half hour I left went him there alone, sneaked out saying I needed the loo and never came back.
Avatar 20-30 minutes of that rubbish and I was out of there. It the first and only time I've ever done and I wasn't happy about wasting £8 on a crap film ticket and even worse 3D.
Reply 88
Original post by maxb123
Piranha 3d :facepalm:

Surely you mean 3 double D? :rolleyes:Yea that was pure crap. I should have walked out. :mad:
The 40 Year Old Virgin - that film should have an 18 rating.
Scott Pilgrim vs the world. I enjoyed it in the cinema but when i was watching it on DVD i just really had no time for it.
Original post by theonefrombrum
I like women but you wouldn't catch me arm in arm with a girl with the nickname of maccie mes who is liable to eat my arm off as soon as i manage to extract it from her.

Films are not directly comparable to women.
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
Films are not directly comparable to women.

In this sense they're directly comparable to any thing or category in which something has a common element with another in the same category but opinions differ on the various aspects of it. So, you say that you like films, I'm saying that I like women. What I'm really saying is that while I like women, I don't like them all and I'm implying that by liking films, no one should automatically like the category as a whole.

There's good and bad in everything and I struggle to believe that you can like something so much conceptually that you are willing to watch every film that is produced, simply because it is a film.

Tell me, do you like all women, or just some?
Reply 93
Came across one called 'Aztec Rex' a while back. It was terrible becuse the story made no sense and the special effects were just terrible.
Original post by theonefrombrum
In this sense they're directly comparable to any thing or category in which something has a common element with another in the same category but opinions differ on the various aspects of it. So, you say that you like films, I'm saying that I like women. What I'm really saying is that while I like women, I don't like them all and I'm implying that by liking films, no one should automatically like the category as a whole.

There's good and bad in everything and I struggle to believe that you can like something so much conceptually that you are willing to watch every film that is produced, simply because it is a film.

Tell me, do you like all women, or just some?

I didn't say 'I like all films', did I? I simply stated that 'I like films'. So, out of the films that I have started watching, I have watched them all because I like films. Why would I view a film that I don't think I'll like? Based on trailers, I can ascertain whether I will enjoy the film.

Films and women are not directly comparable, despite your best attempts to make them so.

What was your point again?
Reply 95
Original post by Ilyas
a serbian film

Boyfriend: I know what film we should watch
Me: What?
Boyfriend: A Serbian Film
Me: Hah! No way
Boyfriend: Too gory for you? :smug:
Me: Nope, seen it before and it's just bad.

:biggrin:

I'm watching Taxi Driver at the moment, tried before and just didn't get into it. Just trying to be able to tick it off my list of films I've seen really.
Original post by Formerly Helpful_C
I didn't say 'I like all films', did I? I simply stated that 'I like films'. So, out of the films that I have started watching, I have watched them all because I like films. Why would I view a film that I don't think I'll like? Based on trailers, I can ascertain whether I will enjoy the film.

Films and women are not directly comparable, despite your best attempts to make them so.

What was your point again?

If you genuinely believe that watching a trailer can help you ascertain whether ull enjoy a film, then you're about as ridiculous as Hollywood budgets in comparison to those afforded to BBB made productions funded by the lottery. It's like you don't understand your own premise and its tragic flaw; that being what it says about you, exacerbated by your apparent incomprehension to this fact.

Ok, you like films. So? I like food, and I might like the look of a new snack but it doesn't mean that I'll continue to eat it if after a few bites I'm not keen on. This is perfectly analogous to your ridiculous stance on films. Why should you continue watching a film just because you thought that you'd like it, even though you don't? Are you telling me that you're smarter than other people and your powers of discernment are unprecedented when it come to assessing a trailer's integrity to the actual film? Are you telling me that you always make correct decisions? Or are you so silly that you'll continue watching something that is clearly utter trash in the desperate hope that it will miraculously get better and in turn justify your initial excitement about the film (and confirm your unmatched powers of discernment)?

I want you to answer those questions and then I want you to consider whether your arrogant last sentence was justifiable.
Another one was I Spit On Your Grave. After the second prolonged brutal rape scene I decided it wasn't really my cup of tea.
The Godfather
Inception
Like Crazy
Napoleon Dynamite

All either boring or confusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending