The Student Room Group

Revision

In my January Module C1, I got a C...65/100, and I am booked for a retakes tihs June. I am aiming for an A, because that is what is required for certain courses I am interested in.

So what I am asking is basically, what is the best way for me to revise for AS Maths? C1, C2, and M1. And if someone could give me tips on different techniques, and hours I should put in etc...It would be great

Thanks
Reply 1
this site

http://mathsnet.net/asa2/2004/index.html

is excellent and offers lots of hints and questions.

For maths, the best revision is probably by doing questions, but make sure you understand the logic behind it (eg... memorise nth term formulae for geometrics and arithmetics (C2) and learn what different values of the discriminant mean (C1).

Miscellaneous exercises/ sample exams are good practice if your textbook has them. Solomon Press ( http://www.solomon-press.com/mathsA.htm ) offer the widest range of mock exams, which is probably the best thing to be doing nearer the time.

For C4, I'm going to do a few questions each weekend to make sure that I don't forget some of the stuff we were taught ages ago, then probably spend a whole day going through papers etc, nearer the time.
Reply 2
Im in the exact same position as you mate lol. I got a C in C1, and am doing those 3 exams this summer. Essentially Im hoping for an A in all 3.

The best thing to do is go through LOTS of examples, obviously making sure you understand the topic first. At the moment Im going through my Mechanics book one chapter at a time, and doing ALL of the questions (theres about 10 pages of questions on projectiles which Im going through now :smile:). Once you get everything right - which means redoing every one until you do - you'll feel so much better.

Now I just have to think about looking at C2 and C1 again...didn't revise at all for C1 which was a bit of a mistake - but at least its motivated me to work for the summer exams.

Btw, what exam board you with?
Reply 3
I'm with Edexcel for Maths. Thanks for the advice, the school has given us Solomon Press Books, but hasn't provided answers, so I can't test if I'm going in the right direction
Reply 4
Have you got one of the orange edexcel books?

Latest