The Student Room Group

Damn, what a legend.

Man cycles across the world from China for London 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18980693

Wow, what a legend, 2 year journey from china to London.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Stamina level: Asian
Reply 2
Very cool and epic, but couldn't of he alternatively spent the 2 years working and saving for a plane ticket?
(edited 11 years ago)
That's amazing!

It's good that he at least gets to see something :tongue:
Reply 4
What a beast.

How is he going to get home? He isn't going to spend another 2 years riding home, surely? :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by J.Star
What a beast.

How is he going to get home? He isn't going to spend another 2 years riding home, surely? :tongue:

The journey home is always easier and more pleasant!!
Reply 6
Original post by Ben_Dover
The journey home is always easier and more pleasant!!

That's true, but I don't think cycling through Afganistan could ever be described as pleasant! :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Stamina level: Asian

Originality level: TSR
Original post by Podcaster
Very cool and epic, but couldn't of he alternatively spent the 2 years working and saving for a plane ticket?

You know the average Chinese farmer earns like £1,000 a year purchasing power parity?
Original post by NR09
Originality level: TSR

Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious?
Original post by J.Star
What a beast.

LOL
Reply 11
Do you want a cookie for stating the obvious?

Don't start getting angry and defensive that somebody didn't like your "hilarious" joke.

Calm down mate, I was just teasing anyway :rolleyes:
Original post by NR09
Don't start getting angry and defensive that somebody didn't like your "hilarious" joke.

Calm down mate, I was just teasing anyway :rolleyes:

Angry? Defensive? On TSR? Puh-lease. You obviously don't know me. It's TSR, I post whatever I want. I'm not a positive rep whore. Anyway your attempt at trolling me has failed. So fail. Don't even bother replying because I won't (And now you're going to try and use reverse psychology on me. People like you are wayyyy too predictable :smile:)
Original post by Podcaster

maybe, but he travelled the world instead of being in some menial labour for two years.
Reply 14
Angry? Defensive? On TSR? Puh-lease. You obviously don't know me. It's TSR, I post whatever I want. I'm not a positive rep whore. Anyway your attempt at trolling me has failed. So fail. Don't even bother replying because I won't (And now you're going to try and use reverse psychology on me. People like you are wayyyy too predictable :smile:)

I don't know how to respond to your weirdness, so here, have a rarely used smiley:

:fatcontroller:
Reply 15
Original post by NR09
I don't know how to respond to your weirdness, so here, have a rarely used smiley:

:fatcontroller:

You think that's rarely used?

:plugin:
Reply 16
Original post by Norton1
You think that's rarely used?

:plugin:

When would that ever be relevant to anything?!?!
Reply 17
Original post by NR09
When would that ever be relevant to anything?!?!

The fact I don't even know what a "pig plugin" is suggests it might be of limited relevance.
Reply 18
I saw this guy the other day! I wondered why no one had talked about him?
Reply 19
1) I can just imagine him riding his rickshaw through a warzone.
2) Bloody hell did he time that to perfection. 2 year journey and arrives just in time.
3) Seriously hope someone gives him some money, otherwise he's gonna have to cycle all the way back.

Quick Reply

Latest