Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you enjoy the Olympic Ceremony? (POLL)

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What did you think of the Olympic Ceremony?
    It was good
    76.29%
    It was average
    15.52%
    It was bad
    8.19%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good but what made it really good for me was realizing that one of the "young olympians" lighting the cauldron was in the year below me at my school. He was the tall blonde guy.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaklargerne)
    Not compareable to Beijing because it was totally different. I really liked it, especially the final was excellent. I think you did a very good job not trying to copy Beijing but create something totally different. Greetings from Germany!
    This :yep:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:

Favourite part tbh
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna say good PURELY because of the Queens "I don't give a" look for 99% of the ceremony.

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really liked how they got the seven aspiring athletes to light the flame.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Beginning was a bit odd, but after the Bond and Queen literal 'skyfall', it was good.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Loved it!

Most memorable part for me was the chimneys rising in the industrial revolution bit. Also the Olympic rings getting raised into the air was amazing.

I thought Mr Bean and James Bond with the Queen were both hilarious.

I know it’s been said that many people from other countries might not understand the history, and I admit I did think this when it was happening, but I don’t think you needed to understand the history to appreciate how spectacular it was.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was brilliant, bonkers and quintessentially british. Of course some bits were far better than others.

I have to admit although i loved the first bit, i don't think many foreign nations will understand what so ever it was about.

I loved how there was Kenneth Branagh, Rowan Atkinson and JK Rowling.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, and the bit for mr Bean was good too. The rings bit was aesthetically great.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely loved it although I know other countries won't understand a fair bit of it and there were so many people out of time. It was wonderful though
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was confused at the start but it became a lot better as it went on.

It was good
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypallywally)
    I thought parts of it were amazing, the only thing that slightly annoyed me was that all the actors/comedians/ musicians were all men and I feel as though he could easily found more women, apart from that I really loved it though!
    Emeli Sande? JK Rowling?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fabulous; really enjoyed it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Loved it, I'm feeling extremely patriotic now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Loved it. And I was a total Olympic moaner beforehand and thought the opening ceremony would fall flat on its face. I'm actually pleased I was proven wrong!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Chinese were impressive but British were British, and that is way more important.:holmes:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my MB860
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to miss some parts (when countries made their appearance) but even then it was great
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    After being incredibly optimistic in the run up, I did think "what on earth is happening" for the first couple of minutes - I guess the back of my mind was expecting the pomp and pageantry we got used to from Beijing!

Though once I dropped that expectation and watched it as it's own show, I absolutely loved it. I personally much prefer it to Beijings (I say personally - art is a very personal thing and no-one has the right to dictate that their subjective opinions on art are fact!). One of the commentators said it was "organised chaos", which I think summed it up perfectly, whereas I thought Beijing was more of a strictly technical show compared to our more informal and unique interpretation.

In fact, although I'm fully aware China has moved on greatly and isn't like this any more, I personally felt undertones of the stereotypical communist displays of regiments of people doing everything perfectly but without "heart" - scared they'll be punished if they put a step wrong.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like the music jamming midway. It was like some T-mobile flash mob.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by defrule)
    Didn't like the music jamming midway. It was like some T-mobile flash mob.
    Yeah I didn't really get that.

And that whole little love story thing was just a bit cheesy

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.