The Student Room Group

GiffGaff Sim - Help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Thug
Are you saying that, giffgaff takes away your £10 everytime you top up? :confused:

Can I not just give £5 from my debit card so it can equalise to £10?

No, sorry for the confusion.

What I'm saying is the minimum top up you can do is £10, so to claim your £5 free credit you must top up at least £10 :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Thug
I've topped up £10. But it doesn't seen to show on my credit?

The part in bold is not true, there is a 'Auto top up' Button in your profile, and a 'recur your goody bag' button.

Have you bought a goodybag?

Oh okay. Never knew that.
Reply 22
Original post by . .
Have you bought a goodybag?

Oh okay. Never knew that.

Yes I picked the Goodybag, when I topped up with debit card, as there were only goodybags to buy. Isn't a goodybagthe same thing as a tarrif?
Reply 23
Original post by Thug
Yes I picked the Goodybag, when I topped up with debit card, as there were only goodybags to buy. Isn't a goodybagthe same thing as a tarrif?

Yeah.
Reply 24
Original post by . .
Yeah.

Then why isn't my £10 showing.
Reply 25
Original post by Thug
Then why isn't my £10 showing.

You bought the goodybag for £10.
Reply 26
Original post by . .
You bought the goodybag for £10.

So whenever I top up, even with voucher, it will always debit my £10?
I've been using giffgaff for 7 and a half months, I buy goodybags online all the time, had no problems unless I bought them late and the last one ran out.
Reply 28
Original post by alexs2602
I've been using giffgaff for 7 and a half months, I buy goodybags online all the time, had no problems unless I bought them late and the last one ran out.

Does it credit your £10 everytime?
Reply 29
Original post by Thug
Does it credit your £10 everytime?

Basically your credit is separate from your goodybags which I think is where your confusion lies.

If you buy a £10 goodybag, it will charge you £10. You will not have £10 credit also, you'll need to buy that separately. So your credit (or tariff if you like) is separate from your goodybag purchases. (Although you can buy goodybags from your existing credit balance)

Eg. top up £20, buy £10 goodybag from existing credit. You'll have your £10 goodybag for 1 month, and £10 credit for as long as it lasts (used for MMS, etc.)

Eg. top up £10, buy £10 goodybag from existing credit. You'll have your goodybag for 1 month, but NO credit, so you must top up again for credit if you want to send MMS messages for example

Eg. top up £10, but £10 goodybag from your card. You'll have the same result as situation 1

Hope that's helped clear things up :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Andy Ftw
Basically your credit is separate from your goodybags which I think is where your confusion lies.

If you buy a £10 goodybag, it will charge you £10. You will not have £10 credit also, you'll need to buy that separately. So your credit (or tariff if you like) is separate from your goodybag purchases. (Although you can buy goodybags from your existing credit balance)

Eg. top up £20, buy £10 goodybag from existing credit. You'll have your £10 goodybag for 1 month, and £10 credit for as long as it lasts (used for MMS, etc.)

Eg. top up £10, buy £10 goodybag from existing credit. You'll have your goodybag for 1 month, but NO credit, so you must top up again for credit if you want to send MMS messages for example

Eg. top up £10, but £10 goodybag from your card. You'll have the same result as situation 1

Hope that's helped clear things up :smile:

What if I just top up £10, and no goody bag? What would the tarriff be like then?
Reply 31
Original post by Thug
What if I just top up £10, and no goody bag? What would the tarriff be like then?

You'll be playing 6p a text and 10p per min per call, with free calls to 0800 numbers and as long as you have topped up within the last 3 months, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts also. Unbeatable IMO :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by Andy Ftw
You'll be playing 6p a text and 10p per min per call, with free calls to 0800 numbers and as long as you have topped up within the last 3 months, free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts also. Unbeatable IMO :smile:

Thats not really a tarriff then :s-smilie:

Thats just a standard rate chargess... The goodybags are the actuall Tarriffs, but it'll credit it, every time I top it up...
Reply 33
Original post by Thug
Thats not really a tarriff then :s-smilie:

Thats just a standard rate chargess... The goodybags are the actuall Tarriffs, but it'll credit it, every time I top it up...

Oh well sorry for the confusion, but whether you go with goodybags or not I think you'll find it hard to beat the prices :smile:
I'm considering getting a giffgaff SIM for my iPhone 4S but I've heard mixed reviews... some say it's the best deal you can get and some say their "customer service" and the coverage is rubbish and now I really don't know what to do.

Are there any other options for PAYG similar to giffgaff? Or should I just try them out and see how I like them?
Reply 35
Original post by destinyandchicken
I'm considering getting a giffgaff SIM for my iPhone 4S but I've heard mixed reviews... some say it's the best deal you can get and some say their "customer service" and the coverage is rubbish and now I really don't know what to do.

Are there any other options for PAYG similar to giffgaff? Or should I just try them out and see how I like them?

I've never had any problems with them myself, the signal is from O2 as they operate under them, so have a look here: http://status.o2.co.uk/ to see what the coverage is like in your area.

I think GG is a great deal, really no problems.
Thanks! Giffgaff it is :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by ReeceL
I've never had any problems with them myself, the signal is from O2 as they operate under them, so have a look here: http://status.o2.co.uk/ to see what the coverage is like in your area.

I think GG is a great deal, really no problems.

My recent problems is the connection is really bad, and it won't send messages for a good hour, or will send half messages most of the time, or fails to send the other half at all, so i have to resend. That is my only problem. But it is a big problem.
Reply 38
Original post by Thug
My recent problems is the connection is really bad, and it won't send messages for a good hour, or will send half messages most of the time, or fails to send the other half at all, so i have to resend. That is my only problem. But it is a big problem.

Sounds like your phone is the problem rather than the network. O2 has good coverage so unless your in the middle of nowhere(and im saying this whilst living in scotland) your fine.
Reply 39
Original post by Pads
Sounds like your phone is the problem rather than the network. O2 has good coverage so unless your in the middle of nowhere(and im saying this whilst living in scotland) your fine.

This happens with other giffgaff users as well (my friends). They have blackberries. So no it's not just me, its other users as well. And it's only sometimes, where you can't send a message at all. Cos the giffgaff system shuts down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending