The Student Room Group

GiffGaff Sim - Help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Thug
This happens with other giffgaff users as well (my friends). They have blackberries. So no it's not just me, its other users as well. And it's only sometimes, where you can't send a message at all. Cos the giffgaff system shuts down.

If you say so then.

I've been on Giffgaff for 2 years and had no problems.
Reply 41
Original post by Pads
If you say so then.

I've been on Giffgaff for 2 years and had no problems.

How often do you use your phone?
Reply 42
Original post by Thug
How often do you use your phone?

everyday.
Reply 43
Original post by Pads
everyday.

How many hours.
Reply 44
Original post by Thug
My recent problems is the connection is really bad, and it won't send messages for a good hour, or will send half messages most of the time, or fails to send the other half at all, so i have to resend. That is my only problem. But it is a big problem.

When did you have this problem?

If it was on Friday, there was a huge problem with O2's network - I was fine for most of the day, but then unable to use my phone from 4pm-8pm. Has the problem resolved itself now?
Reply 45
Original post by Tortious
When did you have this problem?

If it was on Friday, there was a huge problem with O2's network - I was fine for most of the day, but then unable to use my phone from 4pm-8pm. Has the problem resolved itself now?

Yeah, it resolves and then starts up again randomly. Like on an important day, my network went down, and it cost me from meeting up with a friend. So yeah :/
Reply 46
Original post by Thug
How many hours.

I dont really count or see how its relevant.
Reply 47
Original post by Pads
I dont really count or see how its relevant.

If you use it frequently, it's more slow. If you use it less frequently, obviously it's going to work fine.
Reply 48
Original post by Thug
If you use it frequently, it's more slow. If you use it less frequently, obviously it's going to work fine.

Thats not quite how mobile internet or texts or calls work on a mobile network but im going to leave it there.
Reply 49
Original post by Pads
Thats not quite how mobile internet or texts or calls work on a mobile network but im going to leave it there.

Explain?
Reply 50
You can't get your number without topping up. You need to top up to activate the sim and can find the number by logging into your account once it is activated.

I believe there is a form you can fill in to transfer your number. One of the fields you fill in is the PAC code you received from your previous network.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I need to know if giff gaff is any good?

I can get roughly the same deal 02 are offering for about half the price.
Reply 52
Original post by Scumbaggio

It is good, but network is not.
Reply 53
Original post by Scumbaggio

Dont listen to Thug above. It runs on the o2 network so you will have exactly the same service as they do but at the cheaper price.
Reply 54
Original post by Pads
Dont listen to Thug above. It runs on the o2 network so you will have exactly the same service as they do but at the cheaper price.

:confused: I'm genuinly telling the truth, every other person I know on giffgaff has said the same. It always sends half the text, then the other half is always missing, and you have to wait for the other half to come, or sometimes it doesn't come at all.
Thank you for sending me my giff gaff sim. I received this morning. I can't wait to get up and running with yourselfs. .. I have got my PAC number as I wish to keep the same number. Was recommended by a friend who said that you do great bundles.. I will probably start off on £15 goody bag .. Just wondering if you have a number I can phone from my landline. Would be grateful if I hear back from you. Many thanks again. Jane Lynn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending