The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

What if I dont get the IELTS grade ?

I have conditional offer for Kingston uni ,if I get my BTEC and IELTS.
I got my BTEC certificate and the grade is even higher than what uni wanted.
but Im so worry if I dont get enough mark for IELST,what will happen?
Will I lose my offer and I cant go to uni because of IELTS low grade?
please help me :frown:
Reply 1
No one answered !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
If it is a condition for you offer then you will have to achieve the required grade to fulfil your offer. Do the test as soon as you can, this gives you more time to have a 2nd or
even a 3rd go if you need it.
What grades in the IELTS have they asked for?
Reply 3
They ask for overall 6 , at least 5.5 for each component.

Original post by dory335
They ask for overall 6 , at least 5.5 for each component.

Well having done the IELTS earlier this summer I can tell you from personal experience that getting 6 overall is not all that difficult. Obviously this depends on your English proficiency but 6 is achievable even for someone who is far, far from being fluent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IELTS

This page shows that a 6 overall is the equivalent to a person who:

Has generally effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings. Can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations.

If you don't get the score you need I have heard of certain universities accepting students who didn't meet their IELTS requirement by having them take an English course when at uni.

Finally, all I can say is that if you are really struggling or to get the quite modest score of 6 in your IELTS then you might not be ready to begin studying university level degrees in English. Starting before you are ready may in fact work against you in the long run. Having said that I realise you obviously want to get in this year.

Hope it helps and that you get your score :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending