The Student Room Group

A-Level Grade Boundaries 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Llewellyn
32 is 70 UMS (B)
29 is 60 UMS (C)

So those 3 marks split 10 UMS. So 1 raw mark is worth 10/3 = 3.333 UMS.

So you have 31, that is 70-3.333 = 66.667 = 67 UMS. Or it may be 66 if they round down, but I suspect they probably just round to the nearest integer.

If I didn't properly explain then please tell me.

thanks!
it's not out of 100 but I understand the method so I'll do the maths myself thanks :smile:
This is going to kill me...at least i know both practical skills results (Biology and Chemistry).
Doesn't anyone do CIE?
Original post by Groat
All of the OCR science coursework boundaries are incredibly high.

36/40 for an A, 38/40 for 90% UMS? :rant:

This.

My school estimated our practical grades based on an A boundary of 34/40. Since I resat F213 too, I now have about 8 fewer UMS than I thought I did. <_<
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Silly Goose
This.

My school estimated our practical grades based on an A boundary of 34/40. Since I resat F213 too, I now have about 8 fewer UMS than I thought I did. <_<

Let's hope they haven't moderated many people down this year, either.
Can anyone please confirm that the raw for 100% UMS is 2x(difference between A and B) + A?
Reply 66
the music UMS marks do not look friendly :/
Reply 67
Original post by bogstandardname
Can anyone please confirm that the raw for 100% UMS is 2x(difference between A and B) + A?

Yes, unless this gives you a raw mark which is above the maximum available, then it is simply 100% raw for 100% UMS.

It depends on the raw mark that you get.

If this raw mark is less than the maximum possible raw mark, then yes you're correct.

If this raw mark is more than the maximum possible mark, then the UMS marks are scaled linearly from A to 100%raw. So 100% raw = 100% UMS

This is correct provided that it comes out at full raw marks or less.
how can mei m3 be 63/72 for an A, hardest paper ive ever done and many thought so in my class aswell

ive failed badly, worse than i expected
Reply 71
Interesting to see the A2 OCR Sociology boundaries have gone up quite dramatically from previous June exam periods - as much as 8 Raw marks in one of the modules.
Reply 72
MEI boundaries are looking good. Things are looking up.

Omg AQA are gonna long things out ... **** I don't wanna know what AQA Chem 5 boundaries will be -.-
Original post by Groat

Given your coursework is not moderated down, you need 100/120 UMS in your exam. This is 54/60 in the exam.

Original post by LeSacMagique
For an A* you need 80% over the whole A-Level and 90% at A2. If you got full marks in the coursework then you need 100/120 UMS on this year's exam. (Same situation as me)

If you are gunning for an A then you need 57/120 on the exam. So it's probably fair to say you've got that at least...

Thank you, you two! Ach, it's still a little steep to require the 54/60, since that's 27 on both essays... I'll have to see how it goes. Looking forwards to my A whatever happens, would be wonderful if it had a little star next to it!

And LeSacMagique, you conjured up childhood memories of Tots TV for me... Tilly Tom and Tiny! Donkey! <3
Why the actual **** is F322 79 for an A!? That exam was difficult. Ugh, I hate OCR. FML
Is the English Literature boundary for AS always this high? :frown:
Am I the only one who thinks Chemistry grade boundaries are sky high?
Original post by Sarabande
Am I the only one who thinks Chemistry grade boundaries are sky high?

for salters chem?
Original post by kalika_amz
Is the English Literature boundary for AS always this high? :frown:

English Lit generally has awful boundaries. :|

Original post by Emmymuppet
Thank you, you two! Ach, it's still a little steep to require the 54/60, since that's 27 on both essays... I'll have to see how it goes. Looking forwards to my A whatever happens, would be wonderful if it had a little star next to it!

And LeSacMagique, you conjured up childhood memories of Tots TV for me... Tilly Tom and Tiny! Donkey! <3

Yeah 27 does seem slightly intimidating...

You're seriously the first person to get it! Le Sac Magique was def the best bit though
Reply 79
Original post by benniboi1
i'm happy with it being 65 for an a in c4, could've been much, much worse

its a ****ing miracle

Quick Reply

Latest