SQs - Post Your Results (07/08/2012) - No Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Conditions for Strathclyde Uni - Accounting and Finance
AB Higher and B in Adv Higher

Higher Info Systems - A
Higher Business Management - A
Advanced Higher History - B
photo.PNG

So pleased! Thought I was going to get really bad grades because I'm 14 and felt I was too young to sit them all. The hard studying paid off :smile:
Reply 42
Subject: Prediction / Result
INT2 Business A/A
INT2 Drama C/A
INT1 Maths A/A
SG Chemistry 2/1
SG English 3/3
SG French 3/3
SG History 1/1
SG R.E 1/2

Overall I am very happy with my result because I had a couple of surprises but a bit disappointed with R.E but hopefully I can get an appeal :smile:

Administration: A / A

German: B / A

Information Systems: A / A

Modern Studies: B / A

Did you meet your predictions? Yes
Have you got the grades you needed for your next stage? I didn't need grades for uni (unconditional offer).
What will you be doing now that you have received your results? Telling family, going out for dinner tonight.
If you are continuing to higher education, which subjects will you be studying? Journalism Studies
On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? (1 being not at all, 5 being very nervous): 3. I was half asleep!
How do you feel now that you have received your results? Very happy, but mostly relieved!
Reply 44
Subject: Prediction/Result
Int 2 Spanish: A/A
Int 1 Art: C/A
SG History: 1/1
SG Biology: 2/2
SG Maths: 3/2
SG Geography: 1/1
SG English: 1/2
SG French: 1/1

Disappointed about English but absolutely delighted that I got a Credit in Maths after I failed my prelim.
Reply 45
Prediction/Result

AH English - B or C/A
H Maths - A/A
H Music - A/A
H Chem - B/B

So chuffed and I'm now into Aberdeen! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Subject: Result

Subject: ? / ?
[H]Graphics: B
[H]Human Bio: C
[H]Art: C
[H]English: C

Reply 47
Higher English A2/A1
Higher Maths A1/A1
Higher Geography A1/A1
Higher Chemistry A1/A1
Higher Physics A1/A1

Insanely pleased!!!
Reply 48
Higher Biology: A/A
Higher Chemistry: A/A
Higher English: B/B
Higher French: A/A
Higher Maths: A/A

Extremely happy, couldn't have hoped for more. Great knowing a hard year has paid off.
Reply 49
Int 2 Art and Design: B/A
Int 2 Information Systems: A/A
SG Biology: 1/1
SG English: 2/1
SG Geography: 2/1
SG German: 1/1
SG History: 1/1
SG Maths: 1/1

I cried with happiness when I opened the envelope, I couldn't be happier right now!:biggrin:
Reply 50
Predictions / Results
Higher English: C / A
Higher French: A / A
Higher Mathematics: No Award / B
Higher Computing: A / A
Higher Drama: B / B
Predictions/Results

Higher Spanish: B/A
Higher Politics: B/B
Advanced Higher History: A/A
Higher Biology-A/A
Higher Modern Studies-C/A
Higher Philosophy-C/A

So I did so much better than expected! :biggrin:
Subject: Prediction / Wanted At Least / Result

H Business Management: C / B / B

H Maths: C / C / B

H French: C / C / C

History: F / C/D / F

Did you meet your predictions?
- Yeah so happy with my results, would've liked a C or D for History but I didn't expect to pass at all so it's not effected me.

Have you got the grades you needed for your next stage?
- Already had a unconditional for HNC Travel & Tourism but thinking on applying for uni next year instead of 2014 if I do well in college now.

What will you be doing now that you have recieved your results?
- Starting college on the 27th of August and trying to get an A in my graded unit to get into my second year at uni.

If you are continuing to higher education, which subjects will you be studying?

- HNC Travel & Tourism then BA (Hons) Tourism And Airline Management

On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? (1 being not at all, 5 being very nervous)?
- About a 2/3, I wasn't until I saw the email and everyone else seemed to be doing so well.

How do you feel now that you have received your results?
- Happy, relieved and proud of myself.
(edited 11 years ago)
Predictions/Results

Advanced Higher Biology-A/A
Advanced Higher Chemistry-A/A
Advanced Higher Maths-A/A
Higher History-A/A

•Did you meet your predictions?
Yep!! :biggrin:

•Have you got the grades you needed for your next stage?
Got an unconditional so no, but I'm really really happy anyway!!! :biggrin: :dance:

•What will you be doing now that you have recieved your results?
Having a celebratory curry and a drink, preparing for student life. :cool: And buying a heap of music to treat myself. Eugene McGuinness :love:

•If you are continuing to higher education, which subjects will you be studying?
Pharmacy. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin:

•On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? (1 being not at all, 5 being very nervous)
4. Didn't even want to open them because I was watching the triathlon and didn't want my results to ruin it, but my dad made me. :lol:

•How do you feel now that you have received your results?
Danced around my living room for half an hour and couldn't stop grinning. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Subject: Prediction / Wanted At Least / Result
H English: A / B / B
H Maths: F / C / B
H Chemistry: B / B / B
H Geography: A / A / A
H Graph Comm: A / A / A

- Pretty much, I expected a B in English but would have much rather an A

Have you got the grades you needed for your next stage?
- Well I'm only going in to 6th year so yep!

What will you be doing now that you have recieved your results?
- Start on my new subjects, one is a crash higher and two are very folio demanding subjects so gotta start early and really want 4 A's this year!

If you are continuing to higher education, which subjects will you be studying?
- Well going in to 6th year I'm studying higher human biology, physics and art, advanced higher graph comm

On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? (1 being not at all, 5 being very nervous)?
- Definetely a 5, the past few days have been horrible with nerves

How do you feel now that you have received your results?
- Happy, dissapointed and determined!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Subjects Predictions/Results

Higher Psychology: D/A
Higher Sociology: C/A
Higher Media Studies: C/B

Thankfully no! The predictions I listed were my prelim marks, and I put in a lot of effort after that to improve my grades. Couldn't be happier with the results I have.

Have you got the grades needed for the next stage?
I'm doing Highers again in college this year and I have an unconditional back, so I did.

What will you do now you have your results?
Continue on with my Highers in preparation for uni.

If you are continuing higher education, which subjects will you be studying?
When I go back to college I'll be doing History and Politics (both crash Highers as were my three this year) and re-sitting Modern Studies.

On a scale of 1-5 how nervous were you opening your results (1 being not at all and 5 being very nervous)?
I'd say I was about a 4 this morning.

How do you feel now that you've received your results?
I am absolutely delighted with them. This is the first year that I've gotten an A, let alone good passes in all my exams. Genuinely could not have been more pleased.
Reply 57
Higher History: B/D
Higher Modern Studies: C/B
Higher German: no award/D
Higher English: no award/A!!!
Intermediate 2 Maths: D/C

Did you meet your predictions? I don't think any of my predictions were actually correct, should really consider sticking in for prelims instead of taking them so loosely! But English, i mean COME ON. 30% in the Prelim and i come out with an A? gold medal please!

Have you got the grades needed for your next stage? Well i'm staying on at school so if my History appeal doesn't go through then i can just resit, I want to go to Stirling Uni and need ABBB, got AB so bring on these next 2 B's! got faith in myself and so should everyone :-)

What will you be doing now that you've received your results? Firstly, treating myself to a well deserved drink and an even more deserved Mcdonalds! Secondly, having a long awaited chat with my english teacher, proved you wrong Miss L!

If you are continuing with Higher Education, what subjects will you be studying? I've still got another year left of school so i'm going to be taking Higher RMPS, Higher Administration and probably Higher Hitory again if i can't continue with Adv. Higher! still looking for another subject that that would interest me but nothings appealed to me as of yet! After that I want to do Secondary Teaching at Stirling Uni, originally wanted to do it with History but looks like it's going to be English HAHA.

On a scale of 1 to 5, how nervous were you when opening your results? 5 definitely! I actually didn't get to sleep until 5:45am and then i woke up at 9am to wait for the posty! I was totally hyperventilating and my hands were so sweaty i could of hydrated Africa! Fair to say that it was not healthy at all, so unbelievably glad it's over with.

How do you feel now that you have received your results? over the moon!! even though History wasn't great, the A in English made up for it and I know i'm capable of a better grade so bring it on, history will be bowing down to me by the end of this year.. that's a promise! As for German.. that was always going to be a disaster, I prefer Scotland anyway!

Any further comments? I GOT AN A IN HIGHER ENGLISH, they tried to move me to intermediate 2 and i refused. All i can say to anyone is Prelims are great if you pass, but if you don't DO NOT worry and if you believe you can pass, go for it! At the end of the day teachers can only see what's on paper, only you know what's in that head! I will now leave before I turn ridiculously philosophical - feeling like Gandhi!! X
Reply 58
Predictions/Results!
Higher Chemistry: B/A
Higher English: C/A
Higher French: A/A
Higher Maths: C/A
Higher Physics (Revised): B/A

those are my prelim results as my predictions aha, unbelievably happy and proud of myself that I managed to do so well :biggrin:
Reply 59

AH Chemistry: C / B

Higher Human Biology: A / B

Higher Physics: B / B

AH Maths: C / No Award

Did ok, I think. Got the results for Uni I needed, I knew maths was a lost cause halfway into the year but I don't like dropping out of a class. I only studied for Chemistry since I knew Physics and Bio were safe bets, sort of. Hate sounding cocky though. Guess I will have to start putting effort in at University (going to do Forensics at Strathclyde)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending