Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't know what to do!

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I would really love some advice on this please! So basically I'm 16, moving to a boarding school in September and have started working at McDonald's over the summer to earn some money.
    I met this one guy on my first shift who's 17, we chatted and found out we have a lot in common so he asked me to go the cinema with him next Thursday, I agreed as he's a nice guy and when I told mum she was fine with it and thought it was 'sweet of him' however.... Later on today I got a message from an 18yr old I've worked with twice, from those 2 meetings he seemed nice enough and basically asked if I was free on Tuesday to meet up, when I asked to do what? He replied 'I could pick you up and we could just chill, maybe watch a film or something' of course I'm abit sceptical though he said 'feel free to think about it as we have only met twice but from that I want to get to know you more' ...if I asked my mum about this she would probably say no straight away, with the he is 2 years older than you argument...

Basically any advice on guy number 2? If you were me, what would you do? P.S his house is like 20 mins from mine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24hoursmiles)
    Hello
    I would really love some advice on this please! So basically I'm 16, moving to a boarding school in September and have started working at McDonald's over the summer to earn some money.
    I met this one guy on my first shift who's 17, we chatted and found out we have a lot in common so he asked me to go the cinema with him next Thursday, I agreed as he's a nice guy and when I told mum she was fine with it and thought it was 'sweet of him' however.... Later on today I got a message from an 18yr old I've worked with twice, from those 2 meetings he seemed nice enough and basically asked if I was free on Tuesday to meet up, when I asked to do what? He replied 'I could pick you up and we could just chill, maybe watch a film or something' of course I'm abit sceptical though he said 'feel free to think about it as we have only met twice but from that I want to get to know you more' ...if I asked my mum about this she would probably say no straight away, with the he is 2 years older than you argument...

Basically any advice on guy number 2? If you were me, what would you do? P.S his house is like 20 mins from mine
    Well being 2 years older isn't such a bad thing ( if anything it could be
    a good thing as he could be that bit extra mature ) and I would think your mum would agree with this

I think you should go along to both meetings just to get to know them both, go into open-mindedly you know, as you have nothing to lose by doing this.

I'd say just be sure not to put yourself in any comprimising situations e.g. where you're hanging out with this 18 year old - he could pressurise you into something you don't want to do etc so just be sure before you go out, how 'far' you want things to go, and make sure you can stay in control and be safe, just because you dont know him that well and dont know his intentions... And obvs if you are sceptical of it all, just get a feeling seomthing isnt right, dont go ahead! This goes for the 17 year old too!

Try not to let your mum dictate your choice too much . I wish I'd done this less when I was younger.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    McDonalds servers? What the heck are you doing?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoudMusicLover)
    Well being 2 years older isn't such a bad thing ( if anything it could be
    a good thing as he could be that bit extra mature ) and I would think your mum would agree with this

I think you should go along to both meetings just to get to know them both, go into open-mindedly you know, as you have nothing to lose by doing this.

I'd say just be sure not to put yourself in any comprimising situations e.g. where you're hanging out with this 18 year old - he could pressurise you into something you don't want to do etc so just be sure before you go out, how 'far' you want things to go, and make sure you can stay in control and be safe, just because you dont know him that well and dont know his intentions... And obvs if you are sceptical of it all, just get a feeling seomthing isnt right, dont go ahead! This goes for the 17 year old too!

Try not to let your mum dictate your choice too much . I wish I'd done this less when I was younger.
    Thank you for such a quick reply! He also suggested watching a film at his house (the 18 yr old), but I think what I'm going to do is say I'm busy on Tuesday (actually truthfully busy all week) work with him more and suggest another time but erm somewhere more...public?
    And I totally agree with you about the whole mum situation, it's just my mum is very judgemental! If I said something like this, she would say 'there's only one thing boys want at that age' and use that argument...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2012
New on TSR

Moving on from GCSEs

What advice would you give someone starting A-levels?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.