The Student Room Group

Am I too old to wear Jack Wills?

I'm a 22 year old senior in college/university back home in the US where I am from. However, this summer I'm vacationing in England and I've recently bought some Jack Will's clothing while I was out shopping. However, given that I will soon be leaving university and perhaps entering graduate school or the professional world, is Jack Will's too juvenile a brand for me to wear?

Keep in mind that Jack Will's is just starting to catch on amongst college/university aged students in the US. So this also plays into my dilemma as well.

If anybody could tell me if Jack Well's is too old for me please let me know. As I try to strive for timeless/ageless looks.

Thanks for any advice that I get in advance!
Reply 1
nah, jack wills is pretty ageless i reckon. if anything, it's a more youthful brand, but older youth, rather than younger youth.
Reply 2
nooo definetly not :biggrin:
no... but it's more of an (overpriced) casual look than a timeless/ageless look. it really depends what you are getting. if it's polos/shirts, i would stick to different brands like ralph lauren. if it's trousers/jeans, again i would stick to different better quality brands. same for jackets/any other part of suits. if it's stuff like tees/hoodie/sweats/gilets then go for it... but they are not "timeless/ageless". their knitwear is decent too, though sometimes ugly.

i think jack wills is rather bland to be honest, not very creative and just seems to copy others. definitely not worth the price tag. A&F/holister etc. may be expensive (though not as expensive) but at least they do actually have nice clothes.
(edited 11 years ago)
I wouldn't say it's an age thing, but it's very faddy. Wear it if you want to look like everyone else.
Suitability to wear jack wills isn't based on age, it's based on how much of a **** you are.
Reply 6
Well the demographic that the company are aiming for is 18-25, some of the items are definitely younger looking such as the hoodies/sweatpants but the jeans/chinos, shirts, knitwear, skirts etc are all very smart. I think it depends on you and how you choose to wear the items, you can make them look more professional by teaming different things together well.
Reply 7
they do tend to make alright stuff, It's pretty cool how they're catching on in America
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Suitability to wear jack wills isn't based on age, it's based on how much of a **** you are.

Is that the word 'boss' in asterisk there? :P

To OP, no you're not too old although there are much better clothes out there!!
Reply 9
I don't think it's an age thing but rather loking like everyone else really. Go for Realph Lauren or Lyle and Scott- a bit more classic in my opinion.
Is 22 old now?! ****. Better start thinking about my pension...
I'm going to be 22 in September and I wear it. I have quite a few items from Jack Wills and I will be most likely buying some more items from them over the next few years. Fashion has no age limit until you're 40 :wink: So wear it for as long as you like, Jack Wills has some really nice things and so I say keep buying it for as long as you like. I would.

Quick Reply

Latest