Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women- do you have any female role models?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lisa Simpson
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    I'm a big fan of Christine Lagarde and Valerie Trierweiler.
    Why Lagarde ? because the IMF does such a brilliant job in running the global economy ? enforcing austerity and empowering the global war warmongering elite

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...ys-no-tax.html

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/02...l-ruin-greece/

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/IM...OpposeIMF.html

"7) The IMF's policies hurt women the most

SAPs make it much more difficult for women to meet their families' basic needs. When education costs rise due to user fees, girls are the first to be withdrawn from schools. User fees in public health facilities make it unaffordable to those who need it most. The shift to export agriculture also makes feeding one's family increasingly difficult. Women have also become more exploited in the private sector workforce as regulations are rolled back and sweatshops abound. The general lack of economic opportunity has meant an increase in prostitution and other black market jobs and indentured servitude"

The IMF number 1 policy is to force developing countries to cut welfare and cut tarrifs. The IMF is an enabler of a undemocratic one world government. Together with the trilateral commission it wants to establish a New World Order

http://www.antiwar.com/berkman/trilat.html
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bernadette

and the character Xena

I'm nothing like either of them, and they're nothing like each other, but there we go lol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    I'm a big fan of Christine Lagarde and Valerie Trierweiler.
    Seriously?? :curious: I think she's acted really badly recently.
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James10000)
    Why Lagarde ? because the IMF does such a brilliant job in running the global economy ? enforcing austerity and empowering the global war warmongering elite

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...ys-no-tax.html

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/02...l-ruin-greece/

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/IM...OpposeIMF.html

"7) The IMF's policies hurt women the most

SAPs make it much more difficult for women to meet their families' basic needs. When education costs rise due to user fees, girls are the first to be withdrawn from schools. User fees in public health facilities make it unaffordable to those who need it most. The shift to export agriculture also makes feeding one's family increasingly difficult. Women have also become more exploited in the private sector workforce as regulations are rolled back and sweatshops abound. The general lack of economic opportunity has meant an increase in prostitution and other black market jobs and indentured servitude"

The IMF number 1 policy is to force developing countries to cut welfare and cut tarrifs. The IMF is an enabler of a undemocratic one world government. Together with the trilateral commission it wants to establish a New World Order

http://www.antiwar.com/berkman/trilat.html
    I'm not a great fan of the IMF per se. I mean what she has achieved, and the power she holds as a mere woman. You are, of course, right in some of what you say.

(Original post by alafolie)
    Seriously?? :curious: I think she's acted really badly recently.
    From your flag I can see why you might think that However, I believe even in modern-day France it was a very gutsy, if reckless, action. I'm also impressed with how much she's achieved in her journalistic career, and you have to admit that she makes a refreshing change from the subservient if likeable partners such as the Duchess of Cambridge, the First Lady, Mrs Cameron and so on. I'm not saying that they're 1950s housewives, only that they're not very strong presences.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Caroline Lucas.
    JK Rowling.
    My Mum (as cheesy as it sounds!)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    Caroline Lucas.
    JK Rowling.
    My Mum (as cheesy as it sounds!)
    Mums are the best <3

I'm very proud of my Mum
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Classical Liberal)
    Thatcher.
    Not many Mrs. Thatcher fans here!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's not really any good girl drummers. Sheila E., maybe. People always think of that woman from the White Stripes.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, only Cavendish and Stephen Fry
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Not Many Mrs. Thatcher fans here....
    It is because women are inherently sexist. Women in general do not consider it to be a woman's role to be "right" wing and a robust leader. Women are supposed to be self satisfying useless do gooders that the Guardian write about in the culture section.

Like this person.

• 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emthedrummer)
    There's not really any good girl drummers. Sheila E., maybe. People always think of that woman from the White Stripes.
    Evelyn Glennie? The deaf female drummer who was in the Olympics Opening Ceremony? I'd never heard of her before but she is awesome. And the Whip has an awesome female drummer as well.

Apart from that my female role models are probably:

My Mum
    Aung San Suu Kyi
    Condaleeza Rice
    Ursula K. LeGuinn
    Annie Lennox
    Mary Wollestonecraft
    Anne Applebaum
    Anna Reid
    Robyn
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historophilia)
    Evelyn Glennie? The deaf female drummer who was in the Olympics Opening Ceremony? I'd never heard of her before but she is awesome. And the Whip has an awesome female drummer as well.
    Oh yeah, saw her, she was good!
    The who?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to say, I also quite admire Anne Frank.

Also, Virginia Wolf!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    JK Rowling for obvious reasons. :love:
    Why?

All she did was write some **** books with absolutely no original ideas or narrative in them and make a **** load of money.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jane Austen
    Emily and Charlotte Bronte
    Simone de Beauvoir
    Audrey Hepburn
    Caitlin Moran
    Aung San Suu Kyi
    Sarah Jessica Parker
    Kim Kardashian<<<<<<LOLJK
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lily Allen
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Why does gender matter when it comes to 'role models'? >_>

I don't really have any role models, but there are people that I respect and gender is just irrelevant in that regard.
    Shouldnt matter too much, but come on, to be fair you can 'relate' better to someone your own sex... Just like you can relate to someone your own race, does your sport, comes from the same country etc...

That's all it is in my opinion... Relating yourself... Thinking your role model is you from the future... Your future self, what will happen to you if you act like them etc
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emthedrummer)
    Oh yeah, saw her, she was good!
    The who?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Amelia Earhart and the Bronte sisters were the first that sprung to mind for me.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.