Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Passport expires soon

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to fly to Norway and return before the 22nd August which is when my passport expires. Is it possible to still fly on Ryanair when my passport expires in a few weeks?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You will have to check the individual country's policy as I know in America you can't if it is close to the date, but then they are generally really strict about stuff
    So I would just check to be on the safe side, maybe look on their homeland and security website
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutty_Psychologist)
    You will have to check the individual country's policy as I know in America you can't if it is close to the date, but then they are generally really strict about stuff
    So I would just check to be on the safe side, maybe look on their homeland and security website
    Ah okay, I will try to find that. And what about returning to the UK. Say if my pp expires on 22 and depart uk on the 8th and return on the 16th?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonkin)
    Ah okay, I will try to find that. And what about returning to the UK. Say if my pp expires on 22 and depart uk on the 8th and return on the 16th?
    again I'm not really sure on exact dates but read this

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...y-requirements

on here it says that some countries require a minimum amount of time
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    On that website it says norway only needs a valid passport. i aslo emailed their embassy consult and they said it is ok. My worry is about returnibg to england. I cant find any info
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonkin)
    On that website it says norway only needs a valid passport. i aslo emailed their embassy consult and they said it is ok. My worry is about returnibg to england. I cant find any info
    They won't not let you back into your own country with a valid passport. Where would they send you? Your only worry should be the Norwegian end, so as long as that is fine, you should be good to go!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't you usually need 3-6 (can't remember) months on your passport to fly out from the UK though?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This might sound daft but maybe ask in a post office they deal with passport stuff so they might know

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

What is sixth form like?

Share your story!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.