Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official weightlifting discussion thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as there wasn't one, and a few of us were clogging up other threads in the fitness forums

Sunday 29th: Group B's North Korean Om Yun Chol breaks the olympic record by 1kg (56kg men's GROUP B) with an amazing triple body weight clean and jerk (168kg) - unheard of for a group B lifter to take gold.

(Original post by alex_tait)
    x
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    x
    (Original post by aivi)
    x
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    x
    (Original post by stayce88)
    x
    (Original post by liftorrot)
    x
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In for more b group lifters getting gold.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In

edit: just checked out his DOB .. he is a year younger than me.. impressive !
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liftorrot)
    In

edit: just checked out his DOB .. he is a year younger than me.. impressive !
    it's depressing as **** seeing 19/20 year old lifters doubling my lifts, weighing 20kg less than me
    also motivating as hell! makes me wonder though if getting to olympic level is possible without a little drug use along the way, I mean if you want a medal...nothing against drug use, only getting caught
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I was thinking of making a thread on this in the afternoon lol.

But damn, that 19 year old from Kazakhstan in the ladies 53kg category. 131kg C&J !!!! Now that's depressing

Anyone got tickets?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Wu cried during the press conference after and apologised for getting a silver medal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbuthotter)
    Apparently Wu cried during the press conference after and apologised for getting a silver medal.
    I expected nothing less. He has brought shame upon himself and his country.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    God damn, dat ass from Annie Moniqui.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    Om Yun Chol, now that was impressive. Man he nailed that.

I haven't kept on track of today's nor any of the women's weightlifting for that matter. Any interesting key results/lifts to look for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    C'mon Zoe!!!

Did anyone watch the mini documentary on woman lifters on BBC 3, it had Zoe in it she seems like such a natural talent. Hope she get's a medal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How come the zoe doesn't use the technique that women just did? Her arms were so far apart she hardly had to straighten them! Doesn't see right ...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glow in the dark)
    How come the zoe doesn't use the technique that women just did? Her arms were so far apart she hardly had to straighten them! Doesn't see right ...
    Wider arms mean a shorter distance to straighten, obviously if they are too wide then you lose the effectiveness of certain muscles. it just depends on the person and where they feel comforatble.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foghorn Leghorn)
    Wider arms mean a shorter distance to straighten, obviously if they are too wide then you lose the effectiveness of certain muscles. it just depends on the person and where they feel comforatble.
    Yeah I understand is a shorter distance to straighten which is why I said, ah right so it would probably be a lot more shoulders the wider you are. It's just the way I looked saw how she did it compared to zoe it looked like a no brainer, but who am I to say haha... they obviously have the best technique for them
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pimsiri Sirikaew totally looks like a dude. a bit of a mustache, stacked and no boobs (pls the short hair doesn't help). Too much steroids?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aivi)
    Pimsiri Sirikaew totally looks like a dude. a bit of a mustache, stacked and no boobs (pls the short hair doesn't help). Too much steroids?
    Too much test I'd say.

The Chinese are beasts.. even when they failed they made it look easy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    also wish the bbc commentators were a bit more interesting, they just keep on going over the same points. I understand they have to keep it so unknowlegable listeners can keep up, but still..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aivi)
    also wish the bbc commentators were a bit more interesting, they just keep on going over the same points. I understand they have to keep it so unknowlegable listeners can keep up, but still..
    The number of times they talked about quads as well. As if no other muscle is involved in the clean or snatch...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also like how the commentators was unaware that the last 6kg jump from 138 to 144 cj was for a TOTAL WR - to bring her 246 total to 252 total to beat chen yangqings 251 total, not to break the OR... no one cares about OR lol.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought Zoe did well, very respectable
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_tait)
    I expected nothing less. He has brought shame upon himself and his country.
    Should have sent long qingquan... he wouldn't fail a 155 clean.... who the **** fails a 155 CLEAN dammit.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 7, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.