The Student Room Group

University of Bradford or University of Birmingham

Hi guys I was wondering whether it really makes that big of a difference on what university you attend. I got accepted at both university of Bradford and university of Birmingham for electrical engineering and was just deciding if it really makes a difference.
Bump
Well i think what you should do is look at the particular modules, personally i LOVE the course at Bradford i am now in my second year. But whatever you decide good luck n well done for picking electrical engineering! Hoever if you do come to bradford i hope u shall be joining the Electronic engineering society in freshers week haha! :tongue:
Reply 3
Birmingham would be my choice.
Reply 4
http://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

find the two courses you've been accepted to
'choose up to 3 to compare'
have a look at the national student surveys, satisfaction etc
consider your 'feelings' of both universities when you went there

no matter what course you go onto, there will be people who love it and hate it, so dont take an individuals opinion into account! (unless like 30 people all say its horrible)
Reply 5
They're both very good uni's, you should go with the one you prefer, but from what I've seen , I think Birmingham would be a better choice
Reply 6
Depends on the overall experience: modules, area, accomodation available, employability etc thats what I'd look for anyway.
Reply 7
you have got to be joking
Original post by PhilliChilli
Well i think what you should do is look at the particular modules, personally i LOVE the course at Bradford i am now in my second year. But whatever you decide good luck n well done for picking electrical engineering! Hoever if you do come to bradford i hope u shall be joining the Electronic engineering society in freshers week haha! :tongue:

I didn't know they had a society lol
Reply 9
Birmingham I suppose.

Well, can anyone tell that would City university of london be a good choice for electronic engineering?
Well what do you want? A research led university in the top 30 in the UK, member of the Russell group and hence nationally recognised as a good university, or Bradford?

Guardian places Birmingham 17th for Electrical/Electronic and City university 18th. Both are good places to be.
Original post by ShafiqJ
I didn't know they had a society lol

haha myself and my 2 friends made it over the summer so now its officially starting in september so it'll be open to the freshers to join :smile:
Reply 13
birmingham university
Because I have to do a foundation year (I didn't do the subjects required) does it matter if I do the foundation year in one uni and then do the actual degree in another? For example of I did the foundation in Bradford and start the first year in Birmingham or vice versa
Reply 15
Original post by dilburt
you have got to be joking

For real this guy is American and even he knows enough about UK universities to know that you are off your rocker OP.
Birmingham defo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending