Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to be gay and Christian?

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
    But so then your original assessment is false. If a homosexual repents he can still be Christian even if he practices homosexual acts. Just because you doubt the sincerity of their beliefs doesn't mean their beliefs aren't sincere.
    Well no my original statement was referring to homosexual acts that were not repented. And I would doubt the sincerity of their beliefs. What kind of Christian do you know that claims to believe in Christ, yet knowingly sins without the slightest thought of regret?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalus)
    Well no my original statement was referring to homosexual acts that were not repented. And I would doubt the sincerity of their beliefs. What kind of Christian do you know that claims to believe in Christ, yet knowingly sins without the slightest thought of regret?
    It is not your place to doubt their sincerity. Yet you don't seem to mind doing it.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is not your place to doubt their sincerity. Yet you don't seem to mind doing it.
    Remember that you asked this question. And you asked for my opinion. That is the Christian perspective. Tell me, did you ask this thread to actually get an answer, or were you just looking for an argument?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Remember that you asked this question. And you asked for my opinion. That is the Christian perspective. Tell me, did you ask this thread to actually get an answer, or were you just looking for an argument?
    Uh...this is a debate thread. While I did indeed ask for your opinion, if you don't want it challenged then don't post in the debate forum...I'm not arguing, I am pointing out the inconsistency in your argument.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I was gay why would I join a religion that would rather have Me dead? Ilogical dude
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uh...this is a debate thread. While I did indeed ask for your opinion, if you don't want it challenged then don't post in the debate forum...I'm not arguing, I am pointing out the inconsistency in your argument.
    But we're not debating. You are just completely resistant and opposed to everything said. That's not a debate. Yeah, I did post in the debate forum because I was the under impression this would be a debate. But you already seemed to have decided the way this 'debate' should go.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onda)
    If I was gay why would I join a religion that would rather have Me dead? Ilogical dude
    1. Thats not the question.
    2. There are plenty of churches which don't condemn homosexuals or homosexuality. So why wouldn't you join one? Or even if there weren't any if you believed in the religion why wouldn't you join it? Since homosexuality (acts) is just like any other sin why is it any different than say, a liar joining a religion? Or a murderer? Or a non-virgin?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    But we're not debating. You are just completely resistant and opposed to everything said. That's not a debate. Yeah, I did post in the debate forum because I was the under impression this would be a debate. But you already seemed to have decided the way this 'debate' should go.
    I am criticizing your position for being flawed and inconsistent....that is how one debates....:confused:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am criticizing your position for being flawed and inconsistent....that is how one debates....:confused:
    But I have argued how it isn't. You don't even try to understand. May I ask why you asked this question?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1341310009561.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	165741
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    But I have argued how it isn't. You don't even try to understand. May I ask why you asked this question?
    Because I am curious as to the answer? And you haven't really argued how your position isn't flawed or inconsistant. You have already shown sins that you don't regret. And seeing as you believe these things you are constantly sinning without repenting, so by your own standards you could not be Christian (whether or not you are I don't know), and neither could someone who ascribes to such a view...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because I am curious as to the answer? And you haven't really argued how your position isn't flawed or inconsistant. You have already shown sins that you don't regret. And seeing as you believe these things you are constantly sinning without repenting, so by your own standards you could not be Christian (whether or not you are I don't know), and neither could someone who ascribes to such a view...
    May I ask what sins I have shown?

And how do you know if I regret them or not?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    May I ask what sins I have shown?

And how do you know if I regret them or not?
    You have shown arrogance, and judgement. And you haven't seemed to express any kind of regret or remorse for such. It is arrogant for you to doubt another's sincerity of belief, and you judge them as not Christian because of their sins. These are both things that are clearly sins themselves.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find it interesting that you say this...as I know there are sects of Christianity which do not condemn homosexual acts, there are also Christian churches which do not....so are those not Christian? And if they are not then what are they? To claim that Christian perspective on something is silly as under christianity there are countless different interpretations...what makes any one more or less christian than another?
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have shown arrogance, and judgement. And you haven't seemed to express any kind of regret or remorse for such. It is arrogant for you to doubt another's sincerity of belief, and you judge them as not Christian because of their sins. These are both things that are clearly sins themselves.
    Judgment is not a sin (if you say it is then find a biblical reference).

And it's not arrogant to say that I doubt somebodies belief. That would just be the impression I would get. You can hardly say you follow Christ when you don't do what he says. Of course, I could still be completely wrong.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Judgment is not a sin (if you say it is then find a biblical reference).

And it's not arrogant to say that I doubt somebodies belief. That would just be the impression I would get. You can hardly say you follow Christ when you don't do what he says. Of course, I could still be completely wrong.
    http://bible.cc/romans/2-1.htm

It is indeed arrogant to believe that you know their beliefs more than they.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://bible.cc/romans/2-1.htm

It is indeed arrogant to believe that you know their beliefs more than they.
    No, that is not what the verse is saying. That verse is deposing hypocrisy.

It says "because you who pass judgment do the same things". That verse would apply to me if I denounced a thing that I myself am doing
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    My opinion - yes, you can be gay and a Christian.

What is a Christian, after all? A Christian is someone who believes in God and believes in Jesus and what Jesus has done for us. Jesus urged people to love others. Love was His main message.

Love should be for everyone. Some churches don't approve of gay people, and I think that's silly.

After all, what exactly are gay people doing wrong? Their romantic love happens to be for people of the same gender. It's a love just as valid as heterosexual people feel for a partner of the opposite gender.

Homosexuality is not a choice. Therefore, it cannot be a sin. And it would be a sad, sad world if gay people couldn't act on their attraction, and/or their love. I'd go so far as to say that it would be unnatural to expect someone to never have a physical relationship. Most people, apart from the asexual people amongst us, require that fulfillment to lead a full, happy and healthy life.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same with all three religions. Being gay is fine, acting upon it is not.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, that is not what the verse is saying. That verse is deposing hypocrisy.

It says "because you who pass judgment do the same things". That verse would apply to me if I denounced a thing that I myself am doing
    It actually said any time you judge. but ok I will find another. How about Romans 14: 1-10. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...&version=NIVUK

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 30, 2013
New on TSR

SQA results day chat

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.