The Student Room Group

Exchange Visit

My school has an exchange programme with a school in Germany, and back when I was in year 10, my teacher asked me to e-mail one of the exchange students. We now talk on msn (pretty much always in English), and to cut a long story short we're doing an exchange and I'm going to visit her. I'm in year 12 (working towards my AS) at the moment, and I'm leaving on Saturday. I am seriously scared, because I really don't feel that I know enough German to hold a conversation or understand much. I'm really hoping that the experience will help me because I know that I'm very lucky to have the oppurtunity to spend time in Germany. Does anybody have any calming advice or tips as to how they've coped on exchange visits?
I'm going on one in July, and I'm scared as hell!!! We're doomed, dddooooooooooooommmeeeddd :frown:
Just be friendly, don't worry about language problems because Germans are incredible at English. Try out everything that's on offer, try and practice German as much as you can while you're there and just do anything they offer. However mad it may seem. Oh, and whatever you do, DON'T MENTION THE WAR!!

Exchanges are good fun, and not only does your exchange have to be friendly towards you, there's also incentive for them to be friendly because they'll be coming over to your school and will expect to be treated well too.

Latest

Trending

Trending