Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Hass school of business

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain how the business undergraduate works in this school?

I went on the website and it is SOOO complicated. It doesnt say a simple "do this for 4 years ,you end up with this", its so damn complex and perturbed..

any information is appreciated!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    bump./
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    You only get one chance to apply to the school, and if admitted you will start at the beginning of your junior year. You must have completed the prerequisite courses and language/credit requirements before applying to the school. Once admitted, you must also complete the 7-course breadth sequence (courses in a variety of departments) in order to graduate with your degree. You will graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avash27)
    You only get one chance to apply to the school, and if admitted you will start at the beginning of your junior year. You must have completed the prerequisite courses and language/credit requirements before applying to the school. Once admitted, you must also complete the 7-course breadth sequence (courses in a variety of departments) in order to graduate with your degree. You will graduate with a B.S. in Business Administration.
    How did you find out you graduate with a BS in Busi.Admin?

Also, do you complete those prerequisits whilst your doing a different undergraduate programme? Meaning you cant enter this programme as a freshman?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglynx)
    How did you find out you graduate with a BS in Busi.Admin?

Also, do you complete those prerequisits whilst your doing a different undergraduate programme? Meaning you cant enter this programme as a freshman?
    Looked on the website under undergraduate major, and the page title was "Major in Business Administration".

No you cannot enter the school as a freshman. You go into the College of Letters and Science, you can go in as an undecided major then apply to the school during your sophomore year. You have to do the prerequisites no matter what major you do, meaning they can be completed while you are still "undecided".
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avash27)
    Looked on the website under undergraduate major, and the page title was "Major in Business Administration".

No you cannot enter the school as a freshman. You go into the College of Letters and Science, you can go in as an undecided major then apply to the school during your sophomore year. You have to do the prerequisites no matter what major you do, meaning they can be completed while you are still "undecided".
    Oh... that seems a bit awkward and stupid in my opinion. What if i declare a major, can i still go into Haas?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh... that seems a bit awkward and stupid in my opinion. What if i declare a major, can i still go into Haas?
    I assume so, but if your goal is to go to Haas to begin with what would you declare as your major? If you don't get in, you'd have to declare one anyway, but I don't know if you can declare one before applying to the school.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can declare a major before applying to UCB Berkeley.

Most students who are interested in business usually apply with Economics as their major; although you can change your major whenever you like at most schools, unless that major has a quota.

Then, when meet the prerequisite requirements, you can apply to Haas. You aren't guaranteed to get into Haas though, so if you are rejected from Haas, you would remain at Berkeley as an Economics or whatever major.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    You can declare a major before applying to UCB Berkeley.

Most students who are interested in business usually apply with Economics as their major; although you can change your major whenever you like at most schools, unless that major has a quota.

Then, when meet the prerequisite requirements, you can apply to Haas. You aren't guaranteed to get into Haas though, so if you are rejected from Haas, you would remain at Berkeley as an Economics or whatever major.
    oh okay that makes a lot more sense! thanks ! is economics a good major to do at univeristy ? what if I wana go into medicine is the major smiled upon?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh okay that makes a lot more sense! thanks ! is economics a good major to do at univeristy ? what if I wana go into medicine is the major smiled upon?
    You don't need any particular major to go into medicine, you just need to complete all of the required "pre-med" courses.

Remember though, medical school at the top schools in the US can cost up to $75,000-$80,000 per year; and few offer financial aid!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NYU2012)
    You don't need any particular major to go into medicine, you just need to complete all of the required "pre-med" courses.

Remember though, medical school at the top schools in the US can cost up to $75,000-$80,000 per year; and few offer financial aid!
    Hmmm what if i changed my mind and wanted to do a masters in finance in england (say london school of economics), would an economics bachelors be a good choice?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 4, 2012
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.