Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M115 - Motion on Equality at the London 2012 Olympic Games

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    A practical action is funding for sports, and what is included in the MHofC Finance Bill could be a next step, if we do not take it to the MUN given the IOC's independence.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eff01)
    Indeed and I was also referring to the PMs comments in that thread regarding Coca-Cola
    Hmm I do find Rakas to be a very typical politician. When he was discussing proposals for the budget a while back he seemed like the most conservative person in the world yet in the main MHoC zone with the bills etc he seems very Lib Dem like.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    oh yes, such a big step, im sure the women living in poverty and oppression in KSA are really grateful that a few of the most privileged people in their nation got token places in a sporting event they may not even be able to watch :rolleyes:
    Wow- loving the optimism in this thread...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    Hmm I do find Rakas to be a very typical politician. When he was discussing proposals for the budget a while back he seemed like the most conservative person in the world yet in the main MHoC zone with the bills etc he seems very Lib Dem like.
    Interesting insight
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by internetguru)
    He is fiscally conservative and socially liberal (like most of the Conservative Party although I am unsure as to what I am socially :lol:). So yes of course when discussing things like the budget, he will appear more conservative than say discussing something to do with gay rights.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eff01)
    I welcome your support,

Indeed matters are not yet equal in these countries, but this step taken by nations is incredibly encouraging. The fact that many typically 'conservative' nations have even considered allowing women to participate in these games is very significant and leads the way for more equality for women in these countries- if they can represent your country, why can't they represent you?
    You don't have my support. Not sure what in what I said gave you that idea. :confused:
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is in cessation.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has been withdrawn.
Updated: August 17, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.