Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Children on Planes

Announcements Posted on
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
    Do you think that's where adults who disturb the flight should go too? :rolleyes:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Nah, they should be asked to walk the rest of the journey.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    No, not what

why

why this
    why that
    why not
    why
    why
    why
    Oh please excuse me,

Why's a why child.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why the argument 'there are annoying adults too' somehow means we couldn't consider having separate children and no children flights. Whilst there are other groups that disturb people on planes, banning children from some flights would get rid of the bulk of the annoyance.
    The people opposing this are parents of course because that means they'd have to travel with a higher concentration of annoying brats!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RandZul'Zorander)
    Do you think that's where adults who disturb the flight should go too? :rolleyes:

It was a joke actually, but hey, if you like! :rolleyes:

(Original post by Ham22)
    I don't see why the argument 'there are annoying adults too' somehow means we couldn't consider having separate children and no children flights. Whilst there are other groups that disturb people on planes, banning children from some flights would get rid of the bulk of the annoyance.
    The people opposing this are parents of course because that means they'd have to travel with a higher concentration of annoying brats!
    Exactly, thank you!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I second the comment about noise-cancelling headphones, they work a treat. I usually fly twice a year and thankfully haven't had many really bad experiences with loud and unruly children, but have had several screaming kids on flights before and especially on long haul flights it can get very irritating. I think they should have family areas for those with young children in separate areas of the plane, or possibly even child-free flights. It's not fair on the other passengers who have paid good money for their seats only to be disturbed by noisy kids.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ham22)
    Because your reasoning is then inconsistent. You want to ban children from certain flights 'because they are annoying' however there are annoying adults so logically you should want them banned from the same flights. However as you said you don't really. So really the only reason you want them off is because they are children. That is discrimination against someone's age despite that there are plenty of children who fly just fine.

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think airlines should check the facebook profiles of everyone that is boarding. Then they can ban whoever seems annoying and loud from the flight. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to determine who has those traits by checking their status updates, likes and photos.
    Anyone who still plays farmville should really get a lifelong ban on flying, especially those who spam their friends with requests for said game.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    When you have children you will quickly realise that a sleep deprived child is not a pleasant experience

Why do you say 'when you have...' and not 'if'?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Final warning. Any more off-topic squabbling and this thread will be closed.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    final warning. Any more off-topic squabbling and this thread will be closed.
    noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it is not a plane, but I was on a train for 9 hours recently with a child who WOULD NOT STOP PLAYING THE HARMONICA. Also running up and down the isle and hitting other children which understandably made them upset. His mother seemed to encourage it by saying things like "that's a nice tune" to the child. Needless to say, I was not happy.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofflight)
    I know it is not a plane, but I was on a train for 9 hours recently with a child who WOULD NOT STOP PLAYING THE HARMONICA. Also running up and down the isle and hitting other children which understandably made them upset. His mother seemed to encourage it by saying things like "that's a nice tune" to the child. Needless to say, I was not happy.
    I would have smacked him in the face if he'd been pissing me off that much.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 19, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.