Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls body measurements?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie228)
    I just went to another website which cited Kate Upton's measurements as 36-25-34. And that is definitely rubbish. If you look at her photos, she has no hip to waist ratio at all (it's one of the things that's been said about her) and she has a wide waist. NOT buying that it's 25 inches.
    That's what I thought as well, there's no way it's 25
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm about average. Stats are 5'8.11, 9 stone 5 pounds or 60 kg, 37.5-26-34.5. I mainly wear sizes 8/10 in most stores depending on the article of clothing. But I'm quite top heavy (37.5 is all boobs, but it balances out as I do have a bum), So I have to careful in type of clothes I buy. My body shape is supposedly a Top Hourglass, but I feel that I'm rectangular. But these celebrity websites are full of *s**t. Some may be true and some may not be. But it's essentially a bog about celebs, so its hardly a place to be full of truths. For example according to this website - http://www.howmuchdotheyweigh.com/je...wrence-weight/

How Much Does Jennifer Lawrence Weight? - She doesn't talk about her weight but she is rumored to be 125lbs or 56.5kg
    How Tall Is Jennifer Lawrence? - During an interview she said she was 5’7″ and a half which is 171.5cm
    What Are Jennifer Lawrence’s Measurements? - 34-24-30 (75-60-65)
    What Is Jennifer Lawrence’s Bra Size? - 34C

Which is bull as she is much curvier and has a pear shaped figure. Before The Hunger Games where she had to keep fit, you clearly see that she has more of 36.5-27-36 and taller at 5"9. So don't believe everything you read on these webpages. In these picture below she is with Nicholas Hoult who is 6"2.5, taken after The Hunger Games for clarity. So don't feel so self-conscious as I think Jennifer Lawrence looks amazing, as does most of Hollywood and I would love to her figure. Be proud of your shape and embrace it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jennifer-lawrence-nicholas-hoult-london-lovebirds-03.JPG 
Views:	2489 
Size:	419.9 KB 
ID:	165896 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jennifer-lawrence-nicholas-hoult-london-lovebirds-04.JPG 
Views:	3600 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	165900
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    34,24,34. I'm 5ft 4 and somewhere between 95-105lbs.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been working on losing weight and getting fitter, so I went from a 34-24/25-37 to a 34-23-35. Okay, that isn't really that much of a difference, but clothes fit a lot better now. The parts that didn't shrink were my forearms (11") and my calves (14"), but that said, they have always been fairly large in proportion to my body. My thighs shrank a whole half inches :facepalm: It's alright, I'm going to keep persevering.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm 32-25-34, 5"7, size 8 and 10 for shorts, trousers, etc
    Celebrities have personal trainers and shiz so I wouldn't worry. Just make sure you're happy with your measurements and forget what theirs are
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silly_Lily)
    36-25-36. My waist used to be a lot bigger, but I lost a lot of weight when I changed my diet. All my weight seems to go to my arms and thighs though, so swings and roundabouts :dontknow:
    How did you change your diet? I'd love to get an inch or two off my waist but keep everything else the same.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    uuurrggh there are so many of these threads!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

if you look normal, then your measurements are normal. do you look the same as your friends? no.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany18)
    How did you change your diet? I'd love to get an inch or two off my waist but keep everything else the same.
    I'm curious, when you measure your waist, how "tight" do you keep the band? Do you keep it really loose?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everybody is different, ergo shall have different measurements.

Celebrity measurements are all usually speculated because who would publically reveal what their measurements are?? Besides, the media like to distort things and make people feel inferior in order to sell their agenda (Feel fat? Buy this thing and it'll make you thinner! etc.).

If you feel good about your body, isn't that enough? Everybody is beautiful in their own way despite measurements and blah.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    33-24-33.

Surely as long as you're happy (and not unhealthily obese) it doesn't matter?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    35-29-38 , waist used to be a lot smaller, then i got fat lol
    I'm 5'8 and generally a size 12 in clothes, top and bottom
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just went to another website which cited Kate Upton's measurements as 36-25-34. And that is definitely rubbish. If you look at her photos, she has no hip to waist ratio at all (it's one of the things that's been said about her) and she has a wide waist. NOT buying that it's 25 inches.
    agreed, this is NOT true. she has a great body but it is quite "plank-ish" as in her waist does not go in and her hips aren't that wide.

also, OP, measurements aren't a great way to image someones body, since people have different shapes as well which affects measurements.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    34-26-39
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bust: 36" | Waist: 24" | Hips: 33"
    All rounded up by half an inch.

It wouldn't surprise me if celeb measurements printed online were false.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellissima)
    agreed, this is NOT true. she has a great body but it is quite "plank-ish" as in her waist does not go in and her hips aren't that wide.

also, OP, measurements aren't a great way to image someones body, since people have different shapes as well which affects measurements.
    One way to look at it is with hip/waist ratio. It should be less than 0.80 to be healthy.
    Obviously it doesn't take bust measurements into account (your boob size doesn't matter for your health anyway). A hip/waist ratio of 0.7 is said to be the most feminine, but of course there are different measurements which could give that result.

If Kate Upton had those measurements, it would give her a hip/waist ratio of 0.74, which is not too far off, when in reality she is far from a Marilyn Monroe-shape.
    I also read in Daily Mail that Kate Moss and Jessica Alba are supposed to have the "ideal" measurements of 0.7, which is ridiculous! If anything, those two have the more "plankish" shapes in showbiz.
    My hip/waist ratio is 0.68 so a bit 'curvier' than that, but there is no way Kate Mos has a similar shape to mine - she looks straight up and down to me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wow a lot of you guys sound like you have nice waists!
    I'm kind of feeling fat now
    34A-29-37 at 5 foot 6 - I wear size 12 in most things
    I have a sh*t figure, small boobs and a thick waist
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious, when you measure your waist, how "tight" do you keep the band? Do you keep it really loose?
    Just tight against the skin, but not not breathing in or too tight so it's squashing you (the smallest part) haha bust meadurement is the biggest part of your boobs & hips is the biggest part of yours hips which includes your bum (its a little further down than you first expect), just for anyone who was unsure

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany18)
    I became a vegan. I think all those dairy products weren't helping!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    bust-34
    waist-26
    hips-32

I'm 16, I'm 5ft 3 and I weigh 8stone

this sounds really like .... massive

- why have i been neg'd over this?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    How can so many of you have such small waists in relation to your bust/hips? :eek: I'm almost 'straight up and down' 33-29-31 I'm usually an 8, though sometimes a 6 and sometimes a 10.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 23, 2014
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.