Reply 40
34 bust
28 waist
38 hips
I didn't think I had big hips before looking at this thread haha

size 8/10 tops size 12 trousers

5ft 7
Reply 41
It's ridiculous, the same papers which print this crap and use photoshopped pictures then print articles despairing over rising trends of eating disorders and depression amongst young girls. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're creating entirely unrealistic expectations which messes up young girls because we can never achieve that - and yet we're made to think it's normal.

:unimpressed: /rant over

To answer the question: bust 32", waist 26", hips 34". I'm a size 8, 5"6 :rolleyes:
24 or 22 can't remember...

Size 8, 5ft 6
(edited 11 years ago)
I have a ratio of 0.7 but I really don't look it! I'm more waif like than curvy but I am a bit underweight :/
Reply 44
I'm 5'10, yay tallness!

36/37 - which is mostly just boobs
24/25
36/37

I have NO hips at all, if you look at me from the front i have the 'rectangular' shape, i just have a big butt lol
Reply 45
30-24.5-35.5

I'm 5'0''. I wear a 6 on top and an 8 on bottom. Although, clothes are always too baggy over my boobs, but I can't ever seem to see 4s anywhere other than the few shops which have a petite section.

Original post by neom
I'm 5'10, yay tallness!

24/25
36/37

I have NO hips at all, if you look at me from the front i have the 'rectangular' shape, i just have a big butt lol

I'm the same, all the inches from my hips stick out the back rather than the sides!
Original post by neom
I'm 5'10, yay tallness!

24/25
36/37

Original post by Ronda

I'm the same, all the inches from my hips stick out the back rather than the sides!

Me too. Some women have wide hips and no bum. Some have wide hips and a big bum. Others like us have tiny hips but a big bum that just sticks out.
bust- 34
waist- 27
hips- 34

size 8/10
32 bust, 25 waist (26 if I've just eaten dinner!) and weirdly about 36 hips (I think I must be measuring in the wrong place because I don't seem 'hippy' and lots of girls seem to only have 32/33inch hips?!)
Reply 49
34-27-39
Reply 50
37"-26"- 37.5", I'm 5' 3" and 9st
31-24-35, 5 ft 6
If any of you are struggling to work out their body shape, then this website is quite good at working it out for you. I've found it helpful. http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html
Sorry if this seems like spam, but I thought that would help with the thread. Most of these celebrity website aim to give all celebrities an hourglass figure which is unrealistic. A true hourglass is not achievable due to modern progression in female diets. It is possible to have a a modern version of an hourglass figure, but that is just as realistic as everyone have the desired shape to be a model which is supposedly a 34-24-34 body shape and being over 5"10, which is not possible for many girls. You should embrace your body and embrace your shape. Ever girl is different and that what makes us all so special. :smile:
Original post by YemiSanya90
If any of you are struggling to work out their body shape, then this website is quite good at working it out for you. I've found it helpful. http://www.shopyourshape.com/calculate-your-body-shape.html

That website says that I'm an hourglass. While that's possible I don't think it can be really that accurate without taking into account my height, sure I have the same measurements as the models from earlier but I definitely don't have the same shape. As you say, the ideal is 5'10" so I fall about 8-9 inches short :lol:
Original post by desdemonata
That website says that I'm an hourglass. While that's possible I don't think it can be really that accurate without taking into account my height, sure I have the same measurements as the models from earlier but I definitely don't have the same shape. As you say, the ideal is 5'10" so I fall about 8-9 inches short :lol:

There is no height requirement needed for any body shape. I'm a top hourglass, but I'm 5"8, so its not as obvious as it would be on someone who is shorter than me. The way you work out an hourglass figure is is through the differences between measurements. There is supposed to be a minimum of 8inches between each measuring number and there is no minimum measuring number.

Hope that helps.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Sorry if this seems like spam, but I thought that would help with the thread. Most of these celebrity website aim to give all celebrities an hourglass figure which is unrealistic. A true hourglass is not achievable due to modern progression in female diets. It is possible to have a a modern version of an hourglass figure, but that is just as realistic as everyone have the desired shape to be a model which is supposedly a 34-24-34 body shape and being over 5"10, which is not possible for many girls. You should embrace your body and embrace your shape. Ever girl is different and that what makes us all so special. :smile:

It said it was unable to give me a body shape :/ anyone want to shed some light on this? I obviously do have a body shape.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by _Shmiley
It said it was unable to give me a body shape :/ anyone want to shed some light on this? I obviously do have a body shape.

If I can ask, what numbers were you putting in? It should be able to work out a shape for you and I've never had an issue with it.

:colondollar:
There is no height requirement needed for any body shape. I'm a top hourglass, but I'm 5"8, so its not as obvious as it would be on someone who is shorter than me. The way you work out an hourglass figure is is through the ration between measurements. There is supposed to be a minimum of 8inches between each measuring number and there is no minimum measuring number.

Hope that helps.

What I meant is that while I may technically be an hourglass and have the measurements, I don't really look like an hourglass. I'm saying that the difference in height, while it doesn't affect my classification, does affect whether or not I actually look like my classification.
Edit: thus making me question whether or not I am actually an hourglass. And if on paper I am and in reality I don't look it, it seems kind of a moot point lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Pen Island
Wow a lot of you guys sound like you have nice waists!
I'm kind of feeling fat now :redface:
34A-29-37 at 5 foot 6 - I wear size 12 in most things
I have a sh*t figure, small boobs and a thick waist :frown:

Don't get yourself down I bet you've got an awesome figure :biggrin: and you have the ideal height, I would love to be 5'6, I hate being a shortie!
Reply 59
I'm about 5"9, 10+ stone and my measurements are 36-23-38 :smile: I gained a lot of weight in the past year (nearly two stone) I think purely because of just growing/hormones as barely anything in my life changed (exercise/diet wise) and even that didn't make much of a difference as I used to be 35-23-36, just now my jeans don't fit me at all :wink:
it also makes me really sad though that before when I was underweight I got loads of compliments on how I looked and I felt unhealthy all the time, but now when I feel healthier I get seen as fat :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending