Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in for personalised advice on applying to uni New here? Join for free to post

I need some advice.

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, just to give you some pre background info, I have really struggled through the whole of my secondary school education due to various circumstances. I left school at sixteen with only a few GCSE's and was only going to school 75% of the time. I was also heavily involved in the whole drug scene and have been clinically depressed since eleven. I moved to my dad’s in London when I was sixteen so that I could redo the basic GCSE's such as English and Maths. I got very good results with them, but didn't have the right amount of GCSE's to go to my local sixth form - Islington Sixth Form. I then enrolled at the Islington College of Business and Design, and did a BTEC Level two in Business. My mind set was still focused on the normal teenage social life, but I didn't have a good time at all, feeling like an outsider coming from a middle class family and being the only white kid in my class. I am now in the position of having a place at Kingston University to study a BA in Business, but it isn't what my gut is telling me to go with and I didn't really like the university when I went, but it was the only University that offered me a place I could actually achieve the offer. I'm 19 now and I'm going to be turning 20 next year, so I wanted to know what everyone felt I should do. I am thinking about studying a fast track course in English Lit, but I don't know whether it will be a waste of time or not.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Regards Will x
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    If your heart isn't set on doing the course and going to that university, you probably won't do that well. I wouldn't go ahead with it if you're not sure you want to do it, you'd probably end up dropping out anyway if that's how you feel :dontknow: Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 31, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.