Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't Muslim women marry Non-Muslims??

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    You've not seen female bodybuilders have you? Compared to an average guy, the guy will most likely piss himself upon meeting
    You can be a female/male bodybuilder and play a dominant or submissive role in a relationship. When you get to that level of physical development, the sport is about aesthetics, symmetry, low body-fat, proportion etc.

just because women are bodybuilders/shot-putters/weight-lifters, does not imply that they are dominant.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyBongos)
    You can be a female/male bodybuilder and play a dominant or submissive role in a relationship. When you get to that level of physical development, the sport is about aesthetics, symmetry, low body-fat, proportion etc.

just because women are bodybuilders/shot-putters/weight-lifters, does not imply that they are dominant.
    Are you implying that there is no strength building whatsoever? While I know it's mainly for appearance I find it hard to believe there is no strength improvement from before.

While its true women can play either dominant/submissive role the person I quoted was referring to strength. I gave an example where a woman would be stronger than the average man... If you want to be specific then fine weightlifter, or whatever the appropriate role title is that can prove this...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is written in the Qu'ran. End of.

If you are picking and choosing about what commands you obey and don't obey then, simply put, you are not a Muslim. It is never promised for life to be easy but it is promised that those who persevere will be rewarded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHUTUPMAN)
    I don't understand why is it perfectly fine for a Muslim man to marry a non-Muslim (People of the book), but not for a Muslim woman.

I remember someone saying because "man is the head of the family and and non-Muslim man would be doing all the haraam things such as drinking alcohol,eating pork.."

Well, I know many Muslim men that drink alcohol , eat pork,don't pray, prefer they wife wasn't covered and many non-Muslims that don't drink at all,would be OK with wife covering herself and love God.There are many decent non-Muslim guys out there that are better people,but still a Muslim girls is preferred to marry a horrible Muslim guy that drinks alcohol than a decent non-Muslim guy who is nice and doesn't drink. Also, a non-Muslim woman wouldn't she be drinking alcohol, teaching the kids about her own religion, taking them to church more etc?? The man may be the head of family but it's the woman that moves the neck, I'd say mothers have a bigger influence on children than fathers.They may turn out to be Muslims but in their heart they may feel Christian/Jew because of their mother's influence.

I feel bad for Muslim girls missing out on all these hunky hot Catholic Spanish,French ,Italian, Latino, Australian guys.

But seriously, I would get it,if Muslim men were also forbidden to marry non-Muslims too, but it's one rule for the men, another for the girls?

This is the answer:

Marriage in Islam ,The husband must give his wife all her rights And the wife gives her husband all his rights , wife rights are :

1- the mhr ( its amount of money the bride Determine the value of it , it May be 10000 or less or more , its up to the bride , and the Reason of it is to show the husband The seriousness of this marriage And he will be responsible for a wife and children , And to honor the wife and Assures her that he would do all he can to the success of this marriage) some of girls said that ther mhr will be one dollar or a ring and some to Adopt an orphaned child and some money so its up to the girl how amount of it she want , and no one can take anything from it but she and if she want to give anyone some its up to her.

2-he will pay for her food and Residence (home) and Clothing and Medicine andEverything and if she work her Salary is only for her she dont give him anything only if she want to its up to her , she can help him if she want but he cant take her salary with out her Permission .

its Different for the wife she will not pay anything Only if she want to , that why musslem man can marry non musslem girls , and musslem girls cant cuz the non musslem man will not going to do somthing Their religion dont tells them to do .

These is the financial rights , the other rights is:

1- Not have committed sex without marriage like Most of the non musslem man cuz its okay to have sex for them even if thay are not marread and its start in A young age , and he can have a child dont know about .

2-Treat her with the best of ethics and manners.

3-Respect her and her Family.
    4- some man in Another religion when
    Her period comes thay Isolate her and even dont eat with her , we dont have this in eslam he must to be Patient with her at that time Especially Due to changes in hormones and symptoms associated with it, such as being mad Quickly.

5- Of course no cheating

There are many, many of the rights I can not list them all, But the point is that the rights of the wife are different from the rights of the husband and even more so whin the musslem man marry non musslem girl he will give her more rights than she used to , but the non musslem man will not going to give the musslem girl all her rights .
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    because they need real men....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    What I am trying to say is that it isn't logical that a woman should be below a man, is it? It doesn't make sense to give more credibility to a man's testimony when, as you have said, a woman is not less intelligent. It doesn't make sense. Why would you believe in such an illogical belief?
    Some Muslims did not understand this , man and women are the same in eslam but man Responsible for women Since birth , the father must to Gives the girl all what she need from food drink Clothing home ...etc If there is no Father the Brother takes the responsibility to give her all she need even the Medicine every things if there is no big brother or a brother Another male in the family take the responsibility like Uncle, grandfather , thay take the responsibility even if she work her Salary only for her unless if she want to give it to them its up to her, When she married the Husband take the responsibility to bring for her what she needs , and if the husband Dies she go back to her family and her father or brother or uncle take the responsibility and if she have a big son he take it until she dies , that the only Difference , and if she want to take her responsibility its up to her , that is the only difference man take care the women not the opposite unless if she want that ,work we can work any thing , we can study we can do anything .Give me an example that Islam differentiates between women and men u will not going to find one .

i didnt Write responsibility more than this time
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmrah1)
    Some Muslims did not understand this , man and women are the same in eslam but man Responsible for women Since birth , the father must to Gives the girl all what she need from food drink Clothing home ...etc If there is no Father the Brother takes the responsibility to give her all she need even the Medicine every things if there is no big brother or a brother Another male in the family take the responsibility like Uncle, grandfather , thay take the responsibility even if she work her Salary only for her unless if she want to give it to them its up to her, When she married the Husband take the responsibility to bring for her what she needs , and if the husband Dies she go back to her family and her father or brother or uncle take the responsibility and if she have a big son he take it until she dies , that the only Difference , and if she want to take her responsibility its up to her , that is the only difference man take care the women not the opposite unless if she want that ,work we can work any thing , we can study we can do anything .Give me an example that Islam differentiates between women and men u will not going to find one .

i didnt Write responsibility more than this time
    What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    This annoys me. I've no intention of marrying a Muslim man. I'll marry whoever I fall in love with who loves me. We're not living in the Dark Ages where women are completely powerless. Funnily enough, if the non-Muslim I wanted to marry was so power-crazed that he wouldn't let me live my life the way I wanted to and wanted to force our kids into a certain way of life, then you know what, I wouldn't want to be marrying him in the first place, would i?!
    I am a muslim guy, and I agree with this point of view completely, but it's true not many people will see it this way. muslims nowadays do still live in the dark ages unfortunately and can be very close-minded. Going with 100% intention of marrying a muslim man/women just seems unnatural.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommitmentQ)
    I am a muslim guy, and I agree with this point of view completely, but it's true not many people will see it this way. muslims nowadays do still live in the dark ages unfortunately and can be very close-minded. Going with 100% intention of marrying a muslim man/women just seems unnatural.
    You do know that when Europe were in the so-called "Dark ages", the Muslim empire was at the forefront of science and literature? Saying that Muslims "still live in the dark ages" shows ignorance on your part.

Sure, the Muslim Ummah is probably in its worst state since its rise. All nations eventually fall, but there is only one way you can go when you are down.

And would it seem more natural to you to spend the rest of your life with someone who does not share the same beliefs as you? Provided that you are a sincere believer and not a hypocrite of course. You cannot possibly love someone who you believe to be misguided and be satisfied, I would have thought.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    this thread is pointless
    uve already made up your mind that islam is wrong
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    This annoys me. I've no intention of marrying a Muslim man. I'll marry whoever I fall in love with who loves me. We're not living in the Dark Ages where women are completely powerless. Funnily enough, if the non-Muslim I wanted to marry was so power-crazed that he wouldn't let me live my life the way I wanted to and wanted to force our kids into a certain way of life, then you know what, I wouldn't want to be marrying him in the first place, would i?!
    r u muslim?
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommitmentQ)
    You seem like a hypocrite.
    Sorta had to lol at "still" in darkl ages
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFeet)
    I don't know what it is but I think it's because is a Muslim women marries a non Muslim man then they are only together for the duration of their life where as if it is muslim-muslim then they are together for eternity.
    I can imagine that, for some couples,this could work out to be a mixed blessing,
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x[Aa$iyah]x)
    this thread is pointless
    uve already made up your mind that islam is wrong
    it sounds like you have already made up your mind that Islam is truth
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fungii)
    You do know that when Europe were in the so-called "Dark ages", the Muslim empire was at the forefront of science and literature? Saying that Muslims "still live in the dark ages" shows ignorance on your part..
    the European "Dark Ages" are basically a 19th century concept, which by now is still used mainly by Islamic dawah (religious propaganda) in order to contrast it with the Islamic "Golden Age"

for a first outlook, check here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ages_(historiography)

then, go on from the links

best
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Because in Arab world in fact the whole world was and is a very patriarchal society and it would be impossible for a Muslim women married to a non muslim to raise muslim children and remain a practising muslim herself.If a women gets into an abusive relationship its alot harder for her to leave than if a male becomes victims to an abuse relationship.Also father has special duties to raise children,give them a name etc its impossible contradictory beliefs .Its based on common sense.

God is all knowing, and he knows what is best. Islam also forbids people from sleeping on their stomach, If you accept God is all knowing you accept his religion.

Men also encouraged to marry muslim. Islam says its better to be safe than sorry, and so it forbids it based on Obligatory precaution for women is is forbidden.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    Most husbands seem pussy-whipped these days.

It would be terrible for Muslim men if Muslim women were allowed to marry non-Muslims. It's not like Asian and Arab men can compete with their European counterparts., but Asian and Arab women are frequently attractive and there will always be demand for them from European men.
    Islam is not an Arab or Asian Religion.

Princess Diana had no problem with arab men and neither do other 'european women'.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandyAndy)
    What if they don't want to force a religion on their children? Should they not then be free to marry any man they want to?
    If they're not Muslim enough to push Islam on their kids why should they care about marriage rules.

Not saying that forcing a religion is a good thing, but Muslims are meant to try their best to convert people to Islam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHUTUPMAN)
    still a Muslim girls is preferred to marry a horrible Muslim guy that drinks alcohol than a decent non-Muslim guy who is nice and doesn't drink.
    I feel bad for Muslim girls missing out on all these hunky hot Catholic Spanish,French ,Italian, Latino, Australian guys.

But seriously, I would get it,if Muslim men were also forbidden to marry non-Muslims too, but it's one rule for the men, another for the girls?
    How can you still be muslim and Drink Alcohol ? drinking alcohol and feeling guilty afterwards is bad but its not as bad as worshipping more than one god.Islam also looks at the purity of the soul not just physical.
    Why would a muslim girl pick an alcohol drinking muslim ? their is no shortage of practising muslim.

You are looking for deliberate extreme scenarios , like whats the point of Democracy if Hitler can get elected.

Catholic is not a race
    Spanish people can be muslim. Islam is a multiracial multicultural religion

(Original post by hassi94)

Not saying that forcing a religion is a good thing, but Muslims are meant to try their best to convert people to Islam.
    You are meant to raise your children as good muslim, converting others is no obligation

(Original post by PandyAndy)
    What if they don't want to force a religion on their children? Should they not then be free to marry any man they want to?
    Children can leave the religion as adults, as children Parents have a duty to teach them right from wrong. All religion restrict who you can marry, why would you want to marry someone who you have a fundamental religion difference with.Islam has no restrictions on inter racial marriage
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FSP)
    How can you still be muslim and Drink Alcohol ? drinking alcohol and feeling guilty afterwards is bad but its not as bad as worshipping more than one god.Islam also looks at the purity of the soul not just physical.
    Why would a muslim girl pick an alcohol drinking muslim ? their is no shortage of practising muslim.

You are looking for deliberate extreme scenarios , like whats the point of Democracy if Hitler can get elected.

Catholic is not a race
    Spanish people can be muslim. Islam is a multiracial multicultural religion

You are meant to raise your children as good muslim, converting others is no obligation

Children can leave the religion as adults, as children Parents have a duty to teach them right from wrong. All religion restrict who you can marry, why would you want to marry someone who you have a fundamental religion difference with.Islam has no restrictions on inter racial marriage
    They might want to teach them right from wrong without using a religion to do so,leaving it up to the child to explore religion and come to their own conclusion.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 9, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.