Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to wear cream chinos? - Mens

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

Recently got into chinos, had great success with a brown pair, and needed a new one, so ended up getting some cream ones in a sale. They were reduced and so are worth quite a lot (so I can't not wear them really), but my problem is that I'm struggling on how to wear them. I've tried stuff out and I've figured that darker as far as tops are concerned look better than lights.

Is anyone here a cream-colour guru?
    Please help :P
    Dan
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wear them with brown or tan shoes and belt, a smart long sleeved shirt and a sweater or sports jacket.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered Chinos with just regular trainers? Cream isn't such a vivid colour, and I think tends to go well with alot, or vans I think is a considerable choice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A simple dark coloured t-shirt would be fine, like a red or blue.
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinnes)
    Hey there,

Recently got into chinos, had great success with a brown pair, and needed a new one, so ended up getting some cream ones in a sale. They were reduced and so are worth quite a lot (so I can't not wear them really), but my problem is that I'm struggling on how to wear them. I've tried stuff out and I've figured that darker as far as tops are concerned look better than lights.

Dan
    "How to wear cream chinos?"

Place left leg in appropriate trouser hole.
    Repeat with other leg.
    Pull upwards.

Just wear them with some polo shirts or something ( 1 polo shirt at a time ).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Brown shoes, brown belt, and a pale blue shirt works for me!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Try not to fall into the 'I'm-off-to-watch-a-game-of-Polo' pit that so many of the comments suggest.
    Canvas shoes, and a dark/ vivid coloured top. Avoid polos at all costs... unless you're going to said Polo match.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wear chinos a lot in summer as usually the weather is nice (haha). Pink or light coloured shirt and jumper or hoodie if its casual.

If you are going formal or more smart then get a dark navy blue blazer, footwear some brogues, boat shoes or Chelsea boots.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samus2)
    Don't.
    This. You don't want to be a chinos lad. It's almost as bad as the Jack Wills/Hollister rubbish!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A White V Neck. White/Grey Vans.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tops - any nice simple t-shirt, plaid shirts, denim shirts

Coats & jackets - you can wear a nice black blazer over a white fitted shirt, you might be able to get away with wearing a sweater/cardigan with it, zip up hoodies.

Shoes - boat shoes, canvas shoes, trainers, formal shoes, boots.

Can you upload a pic of them? Cos you can also get different chino types,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferduro)
    Tops - any nice simple t-shirt, plaid shirts, denim shirts

Coats & jackets - you can wear a nice black blazer over a white fitted shirt, you might be able to get away with wearing a sweater/cardigan with it, zip up hoodies.

Shoes - boat shoes, canvas shoes, trainers, formal shoes, boots.

Can you upload a pic of them? Cos you can also get different chino types,

NB. Wearing any of the above in a combination will make you look like a tosser.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I imagine 2 sets of people wear cream chinos: cocaine dealers and rent boys.

Which are you, OP?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teemo)
    This. You don't want to be a chinos lad. It's almost as bad as the Jack Wills/Hollister rubbish!
    Oh shut up. Chinos are a classic piece of menswear and have been around forever. They aren't solely worn by so-called "lads" and certainly are nowhere near the level of Jack Wills.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    burning them
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Oh shut up. Chinos are a classic piece of menswear and have been around forever. They aren't solely worn by so-called "lads" and certainly are nowhere near the level of Jack Wills.
    Considering they look ridiculous anyway... in addition to the fact that the vast majority of people who wear them are 'lads' and describe themselves as 'banterous' whilst wearing the hideous trousers with boat shoes or espadrilles in combination with a silly polo shirt that they've paid a ridiculous amount of money for due to a small logo...
    • 55 followers

How to wear Chinos...
    Just don't.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinnes)
    Hey there,

Dan
    What was the "great success" you are talking about when you wore your brown chinos? I'm quite interested

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    In a dark room where no one see's you.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 2, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.