The Student Room Group

How to wear cream chinos? - Mens

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You had "great success with a brown pair"?

I don't think I've ever failed at wearing a pair of trousers.
Reply 21
Wear them with a rope around your neck.
Reply 22
White top, not a polo not a douche v-neck top either.
Reply 23
Original post by Samus2
Considering they look ridiculous anyway... in addition to the fact that the vast majority of people who wear them are 'lads' and describe themselves as 'banterous' whilst wearing the hideous trousers with boat shoes or espadrilles in combination with a silly polo shirt that they've paid a ridiculous amount of money for due to a small logo...

A couple of years ago, they were more associated with older men and weren't something that younger guys wore. Granted, they've become more mainstream, but they certainly shouldn't be associated purely with the people you're talking about.

There are also way too many assumptions in your post.
Reply 24
Original post by Scott129
A couple of years ago, they were more associated with older men and weren't something that younger guys wore. Granted, they've become more mainstream, but they certainly shouldn't be associated purely with the people you're talking about.

There are also way too many assumptions in your post.

Maybe they shouldn't be but they certainly are. I've never seen anyone wear them who didn't look like a tosser. Just another generic topman mannequin
Reply 25
Original post by Samus2
NB. Wearing any of the above in a combination will make you look like a tosser.

If you don't like chinos fine, everyone has different tastes but it not up to you to decide if it makes him look like a tosser or not.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 26
Original post by Samus2
NB. Wearing any of the above in a combination will make you look like a tosser.

Maybe in Watford.
Reply 27
Haha okay, seems like chinos have a reputation with some people. I've started wearing them because the only other things I have are jeans and shorts, and frankly I was getting a bit bored with the same style. I think I could probably do with investing in a brown belt, and I agree with lots of stuff people have said, so thanks for the tips. I've got some good brown lace-up shoes which I found out today look pretty nice :smile:
I always wear mine with a black shirt and brown leather belt and my brown burton loafers... but thats just me. And i only wear them when i want to look as pretentious as possible :P
Reply 29
Are you talking about real chinos like real men wear? Or those stupid skinny chinos with turn ups that "lads" wear round their arses that bull**** shops like Topman sell to scrotes who try ridiculously hard to be different by copying everyone else? Please clarify. If the former they tend to be worn with smart shoes (tan or brown) and smart-casual shirts with navy jackets, or tweed. If the latter, please remove yourself from society in the most painful way possible.

Quick Reply

Latest