Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thoughts on the book 'The fault in our stars' By John Green

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most of you have read The Fault in our Stars by John Green, looking forward to reading mine as it comes through the post .

But to those who have read it, what are your thoughts, better than Looking for alaska?
    Overall comments?
    Did you get a hanklerfish

Really interested to see what you all think of it!
    :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a Hanklerfish or a Yeti
    Definitely better than looking for Alaska
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Already getting excited hearing about it. Atleast you got John's signature, I really want either of them; the yeti is awesome! Do you watch them on youtube?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :3
    Watched the vlogbrothers for ages before TFIOS came out but that was the first of his books that I actually read. My friends borrowed my book at the moment and i want to read it again!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn, you've been watching it for times; I think i've been watching them for like a year now (I feel so new now -___-), but their the reasons I know that hitler was horny (;
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeeaddict123)
    I'm sure most of you have read The Fault in our Stars by John Green, looking forward to reading mine as it comes through the post .

But to those who have read it, what are your thoughts, better than Looking for alaska?
    Overall comments?
    Did you get a hanklerfish

Really interested to see what you all think of it!
    :cool:
    I stayed up until 4am reading that one night, read it straight through it was fantastic!
    Its sad but I think its better than looking for alaska. It took me a while to get into looking for alaska
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    I stayed up until 4am reading that one night, read it straight through it was fantastic!
    Its sad but I think its better than looking for alaska. It took me a while to get into looking for alaska
    Thats like me with all good books then I wake up looking like a dead snail x__x and I quite liked looking for alaska.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's great, John Green's best I think. I found it more enjoyable to read than Paper Towns. I read Paper Towns after TFIOS and found that Paper Towns was boring at times!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I loved it! The characters were so well developed and Green captured Hazel's voice so well. It's amazing that he can just do that, just write in the voice of a teenage girl and manage to do it justice. What I loved most about this book is that it didn't sugar coat the topic of cancer. He made it so realistic and you can almost feel Hazel's lungs struggling to breathe and can feel the pain that they're all going through. He captured the ugliness of the disease and mixed it with classic Johm green humor and came out with this amazing book.

Though, I think I preferred Looking for Alaska just a bit more. Perhaps it's beacuse that was the first John Green book I read.

Also, I love the Vlogbrothers! DFTBA!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really good - I couldn't put it down. I've not read any of his others to compare it to, but I want to read Looking for Alaska.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think TFIOS was the most enjoyable to read amongst John's books. The other ones had a lot of thinking needed, especially Katherines, even though math skills weren't required, I found myself lost at a lot of points. In TFIOS you can just read and not think about anything else but what Hazel is telling you. Although it was the most emotionally draining, it's still my favourite so far. DFTBA!

P.S. John said he will be doing a UK tour in January/February next year, I am so excited!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love TFiOS! It's definitely my favourite of John's books and I've been forcing it upon my friends, who all loved it too

(Original post by StellarProjections)
    P.S. John said he will be doing a UK tour in January/February next year, I am so excited!
    Wait, for reals?? Like, an actual tour with more than one stop and everything???? I did hope he'd be visiting again because I got a note from Penguin with my signed sticker saying that they had some exciting things planned for that time! Can you link me please?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayheyley)
    Wait, for reals?? Like, an actual tour with more than one stop and everything???? I did hope he'd be visiting again because I got a note from Penguin with my signed sticker saying that they had some exciting things planned for that time! Can you link me please?
    He said this in the tfios tumblr http://onlyifyoufinishedtfios.tumblr...ou-think-youll there's no details yet but he did tweet one time asking people if they have exams in january
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StellarProjections)
    He said this in the tfios tumblr http://onlyifyoufinishedtfios.tumblr...ou-think-youll there's no details yet but he did tweet one time asking people if they have exams in january
    Sweeeeet I am so excite right now!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 3, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered books, literature & poetry threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.