The Student Room Group

College Tests !!!!

Hello I am due to start Access course in few weeks.....I have been told when I start we will all have to take a test......does anybody know what type of test this will be and what I could do to prepare.....Thank you xxx
Before I started my access course last year, I had to take a simple test in both English and Match. They were fairly simple and I think they were just used to make sure you can read and do basic maths before you start the course. I got a Lvl 2 pass in Maths and a Lvl 3 pass in English which seemed to be just fine to be allowed to start the access course.
Reply 2
Good grief, I got entry level 1 (which is below level 1!) in my tests at the beginning of the course. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I was really worried that I'd be kicked off the course, lol but they reassured me it was nothing to worry about. I think ours were just to see what level people were working at at the beginning of the course. It didn't hinder me any though, I still passed all my level 3 units.
Reply 3
I'd look back through some GCSE sites/books for maths just to refresh your memory. I got level 3 in English and level 2 for the maths test, but heh, I wonder how badly I would've done with the maths test if I hadn't refreshed my memory while going through the practice test. I was so surprised at the amount I had forgotten, as simple as it was XD
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I did an access course in science and had to do a test first, there was science and maths tests, cant remember doing an english one but there may have been. you had to pass them all to get a place on the course but they were fairly easy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending