The Student Room Group

What are you doing to celebrate results day?

Scroll to see replies

Going to the local pub with pretty much everyone in my year (who's not muslim and/or a non-drinker), and getting lashed on JD/coke :wink:
I'm not surprised if we celebrate results like we did when we finished Y13. TO THE PUB!
Reply 62
I'll be on holiday on results day but when I come back, it will be likely I cry myself to sleep until September. I hope not though lol
I'm getting my results at 9am. Whichever way they go, I'll be spending the rest of the day in the pub.
I've never actually thought beyond that point. I suppose I will just AVOID ALL HUMAN INTERACTION.
Reply 65
If possible I just don't wanna face that day :frown: And there's gonna be a fricking graduation party at my school the day after the results came out. I would definitely be embarrassed if I get terrible grades. Well, on results day, I'm just gonna stay in and let some of my friends know about my grades. The next day can be the happiest day if I get awesome grades!
Hanging out with my friend Jack Daniels
Reply 67
A Level - gonna get drunk, either to celebrate in style or drown my sorrows :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by Alix23
It's my birthday, so I'm probably having friends over after. Not sure if this is a good idea as some of them know they didn't do very well. It's only year 10 though.

Ooooh, birthday! You will get the ultimate birthday gift from god lol It can be happiness or sadness :biggrin: epic
Reply 69
Gonna go Pizza Hut and eat so much pizza :colone:
Either way. Alcohol.
So does everyone open their A levels in school?

I was hoping to open them with my Mum in quiet coffee shop. I get so stressed being around lots of crying / laughing people.
ALCOHOL :teeth:
it'll probably be one of the last times I see people for a while, as some people I'm not that close to, and a big group of us are going out.
Enjoying some beluga caviar atop fine Swiss white chocolate, alongside a flute of Clos D'Ambonnay. Weather permitting, I shall be doing so in the sunshine on the back of one of my Dad's yachts, glaring either joyously or wistfully, depending on the nature of my results, at the vast, beautiful sea, whilst the on deck orchestra recite Beethoven's 5th Symphony.

:pierre:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
I know I'm not going to do extremely well or bad, not sure what to do about mediocre results :sad:
If I do either good or bad in my GCSEs. I still have to get my braces tightened, so that sounds like jolly old fun :redface:. I might get money, depends on how well I do. But, no celebrating (maybe a takeaway).
Reply 76
If I get good grades: Eat my heart out.

If I get bad grades: Eat my heart out.

Simple :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 77
Cry a little then go drown my sorrows and hope to get wrecked.
I'm going to go to Ikea, Sainsbury's or debenhams and spend my paycheck [that i got today] on wonderful kitchen utensils for uni :biggrin: and then i'm going to go to the chinese and order everything i fancy and then hit the clubs and celebrate with every student in the area.

If i dont get into uni i will go home and sleep
Original post by Worms
GCSE or A-level. I tried to see if there was another post like this, and I couldn't find one, if there is, I apologise and could someone please post the link. :smile:

Are you attending a large celebration?
Would you rather celebrate with friends or family?
In general, what are you going to do to celebrate?

I just wanted to see if it was normal for a person to get their results, chat for a bit with friends and then go home? Which is what I am considering at the moment.

On results day of last year (I was in year 10), my friends and I just hung out at school for a bit and then some of us went to someone's house. I know year 10 results weren't that significant, but looking back I think I would have preferred to go home and celebrate with my family.

My friends are probably all more intelligent than I am, plus I am a shy person, so sometimes in large gatherings I would prefer just to go home, also it ends up being a one man (or woman show). Additionally my best friend unfortunately is visiting her family in Germany during the 23rd, so we won't be able to see each other :frown:

Good luck for results day, and the future. :biggrin:

Lol, celebrating? Let's not hedge our bets here :P

Buuut if all goes well, and I get into my firm uni, I'll go out with my friends during the day - I would have celebrated with family in the evening, but my parents are out of town that week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending