Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone on BT Infinity FTTC?

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    My exchange is one of 98 to be enabled for Infinity some time before the end of 2013. Has anybody got it? Would you recommend it? Are the speeds close to advertised? Is your exchange due to be enabled? Will you be taking it? Seeing as I currently get about 6Mb/s on Sky Unlimited, I'll probably take it no matter what.

Exchanges To Be enabled
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    FTTC?

Fibre to the... car? Crayons? Cats? Chopsticks? I know FTTH and FTTE... but never FTTC! :lol:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    FTTC- Fibre To The Cabinet. The network is fibre optic up until the green street cabinet, where the final link to the building is traditional copper or coaxial cable. Same thing as FTTE I believe.

Although fibre to the chopsticks would be an interesting direction for BT to take.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, FTTE it is then. I'd probably go for it myself, but it is not cheap eh?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The fastest FTTE connection they offer is £26pm so no, I guess not . Although that is with evening and weekend calls, and the ability to game and download at the same time makes it worth it for me. My problem isn't so much with my speed as my ping, normally between 60-100ms.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just ordered bt infinity option 2 ( 76mb download / 19mb upload) last week and got my home hub 3 router today. Engineer is coming on friday to install it. checked on bt website they said i can get 69 mb / 10 mb on my line, so im waiting for friday and will run a speedtest to check speeds.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never really considered upload speed before but I might take advantage with VoIP, might vlog, who knows?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will hand in my 42 day notice tomorrow with XLN Telecoms as I prepare to move back to BT for BT Infinity 2 I've been waiting so long for this moment !!!! (Aug 2011)

Currently with O2 who offer a wonderful service but unfortunately it's not fast enough for me anymore
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveTEC)
    I just ordered bt infinity option 2 ( 76mb download / 19mb upload) last week and got my home hub 3 router today. Engineering is coming on friday to install it. checked on bt website they said i can get 69 mb / 10 mb on my line, so im waiting for friday and will run a speedtest to check speeds.
    Oh, can you not install it yourself or do they need to replace the phone socket?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    Oh, can you not install it yourself or do they need to replace the phone socket?
    Engineer will replace the master socket and then will go to the street cabnet and enable the fiber. [rewire the cabnet to enable infinity]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my bt infinity installed last week. Heres my speed.

I recommend it.

I usually get 75mb /15mb.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	545113_4012928957549_809789188_n.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	167368

I've had BT infinity for a month now .. it's amazing lol

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.