The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation - Iris Brook House

Hi there,

Has anyone here received a referral to Iris Brook House for accommodation? I got mine but am not sure whether to take it or wait for the next round of allocations. Can someone maybe give some insight into the area or the apartments specifically? As an international student I unfortunately won't be able to check these out myself.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think the area is quite good. You're extremely close to the city (bankers, shops), Tower Hill (Tower of London, Tower Bridge), Borough Market (as featured in Bridget Jones' Diary) and various other famous places. I've always felt save in that area.

Bonus: Just saw there's a Slug&Lettuce just around the corner. 2for1 cocktails after 4PM or so. :wink:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Bedankt voor je antwoord! (but let's keep it in English for the non Dutchies ;-)

Sounds all right, liking the idea of those 2for1s already! Shame that I have to decide on taking the gamble that is the next round of allocations or reserving this, would have liked both options.
Reply 3
Gegroet Nederlanders! :biggrin:

I've received a referral to Iris Brook House as well and decided to book a room there, the area looks nice and it is at walking distance from Waterloo where I'll be following classes :smile:
Reply 4
I'd go for it, it looks lovely! Probably the nicest accommodation you will get, and cheaper than some of the other places.
Reply 5
Signed the tenancy agreement today, anyone else living there this year? Looks class, can't wait!
Reply 6
Original post by terrym
Signed the tenancy agreement today, anyone else living there this year? Looks class, can't wait!

I signed my tenancy agreement today too. It looks lovely and for the location I doubt it will be beaten in price!

Wish there were more photos though. It looks like it has double beds, anyone have any insights into this? Or, for that matter, anything else about the place?

Sam:smile:
Reply 7
Good to hear that more people are enthusiastic about this option! Just mailed my tenancy agreement, anyone else here who knows their room/flat number already?
Reply 8
Also returned my tenancy agreement today :smile: I've contacted them about the size of the beds, they are 4ft.
Reply 9
Hi!! I also paid the 1st instalment and returned my signed agreement today (by e-mail and post mail). It is great to read something about this House, looks great. I am very happy about living in London, and the IBH location seems amazing. I guess that I will see you there then =)
Reply 10
Yeah, the place looks unreal to be honest. Great price for the location! Anyone studying in the Strand campus?
Reply 11
Hi, I'm in the process of posting my tenancy off too. Anyone else in flat 403?? I'm studying at the Strand campus and the IOP.
Reply 12
Hi! I am going to take classes in the Strand Campus!. Dear staceyu, how did you got your Flat Number? I have not received mine yet. Anyone knows if we can a arrive a few days before September 15th paying a difference? i have wrote asking that to the office without receiving a reply =(.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
It was on the second page of my tenancy under 'property details'..
Reply 14
Thank you very much Staceyu!! I hadn´t noticed that! I am on Flat 303 then. Anyone with me??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Lauritam I'm 303 as well and studying in the Strand!
Reply 16
Great Terrym!!, seems we are going to be roomies soon and surely going to be a lot in contact! I am from Mexico, and I have never visited England, so it´s good to start meeting you guys.
Reply 17
I haven't got my flat yet, but should be there come September. Studying Nursing :smile: We should start a cooking club. Good way to keep the cost of food down (that part of London ain't cheap).
Reply 18
Original post by Mel147
Also returned my tenancy agreement today :smile: I've contacted them about the size of the beds, they are 4ft.

4 foot? ??
Reply 19
Anyone in 503 as well? Looking forward to living here!

Quick Reply

Latest