The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Accommodation - Iris Brook House

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Toom 86, the room number is in the agreement, I knew that thanks to staceyu. The "cooking club" sounds great. I am not a very experienced cooker, but I promise to practice some mexican recipes to cook them over there, I bet you will love them. =)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Flat 102 here. I have created a Facebook group named "Iris Brook House 2012/2013" for those interested in having an easy way to stay in touch :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Mel147
Flat 102 here. I have created a Facebook group named "Iris Brook House 2012/2013" for those interested in having an easy way to stay in touch :smile:

Nice will check it out.

Lauritam: Wow, sounds tasty. Much better than any food from Britain anyway :smile:
Reply 23
Mel147, I can´t find the facebook group with that name =(, is it "closed"? Could you please share with us the link of the group to find it easier? Thanks a lot!!
Reply 24
Oops, link to the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/371290439609341/
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
hi all,

anyone in flat 002..?
Reply 26
A polite bump and simultaneous nudge in the direction of our facebook page, linked three posts above :-)
Reply 27
Hi everyone!

Can you give some feedbacks or pictures about the Iris Brook House? I am currently applying for accommodation and I would like to have some news about this one :smile:

Thank you very much!! I will be studying at Strand Campus (Law - KCL) as a postgraduate.
Reply 28
I know the KCL website says that Iris Brook is primarily for postgraduates but are there any undergraduates currently? Also, is it £150 per week?
Reply 29
Original post by Flax
I know the KCL website says that Iris Brook is primarily for postgraduates but are there any undergraduates currently? Also, is it £150 per week?

There are no undergrads currently, and I think that next year, it will be 175 per week :

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/student-accommodation/london/iris-brook-house
Reply 30
Hi guys! How far away is the Waterloo campus from Iris Brook House? :smile:. I am an international student coming to Kings this year and I am trying to research all the accommodation options as much as possible :smile:. From Kelly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
It's 20min away by walk, 5min by bus if you catch it right away, or 5min by bike :wink:
Reply 32
Thank you so much! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Hi everyone, I got assigned to iris brook for 2013/14. Haven't been able to get much info about it from Kings or the Iris Brook Management. I'm wondering....
How many bathrooms are there per flat?
Do they require international students to pay rent in 2 installments or is there some flexibility?
Is Internet included in rent?
How did you get to Strand campus? Walking or bus?
thank you!!!!
Original post by Natelz
Hi everyone, I got assigned to iris brook for 2013/14. Haven't been able to get much info about it from Kings or the Iris Brook Management. I'm wondering....
How many bathrooms are there per flat?
Do they require international students to pay rent in 2 installments or is there some flexibility?
Is Internet included in rent?
How did you get to Strand campus? Walking or bus?
thank you!!!!

I got Orchard Lisle so I am wondering the same sorts of questions, esp about the internet
Reply 35
I don't know about Orchard Lisle, since it is still under construction, but for Iris Brook, the number of bathrooms depends on your flat, if it is a 4 or 5 bedroom flat. The 5 bedroom flats are the ones in -01 (like 201, 301, 401 etc.), and in those, you have one shower room, one bathroom with toilets and shower, and one toilet room. In the 4 bedroom flats, you have one toilet room and one bathroom with toilets.
I am myself an international student, and I paid in 3 installments.
This year, the internet was included in the rent.
For Strand Campus, you can take either the tube (around 20-25 min - was doing this in the morning when i was short in time, but it's quite a hassle), the bus (RV1) for 30 to 40 min depending on the traffic, or you can walk for 35 min on the river banks (which I did mostly in the fall and spring, or very sunny winter days) :smile: Otherwise, by bike, I was taking less than 15 minutes.
Don't hesitate if you have more questions!
Reply 36
The entrance of the building is on guy's campus, which is pretty quiet (except maybe a couple of drunk people being loud while walking by sometimes haha). You will like the area if you like going to chill for a pint and walking only for 2 min, because there are maybe 10 pubs within 10 min walk. Otherwise, it is safe, or at least I have never had any problems. Since there is a night life around, the street is always fairly busy.
Also, it is quite cool to be 2 min away from the river banks, it is great for running! And Borough Market is also next door :biggrin: Also there are many night buses coming to London Bridge, especially from Shoreditch and East London:smile:
I can't think of anything else right now, but let me know if you have more questions.
Reply 37
Original post by kaaate89
Hi everyone!

Can you give some feedbacks or pictures about the Iris Brook House? I am currently applying for accommodation and I would like to have some news about this one :smile:

Thank you very much!! I will be studying at Strand Campus (Law - KCL) as a postgraduate.

i will be staying at iris brook and studying at strand too. do not know all the logistics yet.
anyone in room 501?
anyone living here or orchard lisle should check out the fb group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/412870988822388/members/
Reply 39
Thanks for your reply, cmarquis92 :smile: I'll be an international student so I'll have quite a bit of luggage... Do you know if the beds have under bed storage? Like could I fit a suitcase there?
Or is there a wardrobe in the room that you could put a suitcase on top of? If there is no where to store suitcases, I'm thinking I will transport my stuff in duffel bags.
Thanks!

Original post by cmarquis92
The entrance of the building is on guy's campus, which is pretty quiet (except maybe a couple of drunk people being loud while walking by sometimes haha). You will like the area if you like going to chill for a pint and walking only for 2 min, because there are maybe 10 pubs within 10 min walk. Otherwise, it is safe, or at least I have never had any problems. Since there is a night life around, the street is always fairly busy.
Also, it is quite cool to be 2 min away from the river banks, it is great for running! And Borough Market is also next door :biggrin: Also there are many night buses coming to London Bridge, especially from Shoreditch and East London:smile:
I can't think of anything else right now, but let me know if you have more questions.

Quick Reply

Latest