Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get recognised in horse riding ?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm 15 , I really want to get some wear in riding as it is the only sport I can do , but how would I get a place on a team or anything , please be serious and no stupid answers as I want to make it a career or so

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanej13)
    Hey I'm 15 , I really want to get some wear in riding as it is the only sport I can do , but how would I get a place on a team or anything , please be serious and no stupid answers as I want to make it a career or so

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I'm not sure what you're asking, I presume you don't ride at the moment? I don't ride but from my cousins' experience I think it's basically just joining a club, getting up to standard and competing in competitions. Ultimately though, putting in some serious graft so that you are winning competitions.

I presume like all sports it's just about progressing from small to big competitions, then maybe the very best get spotted by talent scouts or something. Remember that horse riding is not a cheap sport, so make sure you can fund it all. Also what type of riding are we talking about here? 'Horse riding' is a very vague term, do you want to do dressage, show jumping etc...?

Apologies for having no personal experience of the sport so I can't suggest much. Some actual riders might have advice/experience, or I suggest asking on a horse based forum, like this:

http://www.horseforum.com/ You can guarantee people there will have competed and will have advice, good luck.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.