The Student Room Group

Tbh, the USA are the biggest opponents to peace in the world.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kristol90
And you (?) are being clever in the wrong direction. Perhaps there's a reason the Jews have been persecuted throughout history? I'd think that the whole world being against you would call for some introspection, but to each their own.

What reason might that be?
Reply 181
Original post by Kibalchich
What reason might that be?

How would I know? I'm not a historian nor a Jew.
And you (?) are being clever in the wrong direction. Perhaps there's a reason the Jews have been persecuted throughout history? I'd think that the whole world being against you would call for some introspection, but to each their own.

Tout comprendre, c'est tout pardonner. There is no justification for anti-Semitism at all.
Reply 183
Ahh, so it's just bad luck you guys have had for the past few thousand years.
How would I know? I'm not a historian nor a Jew.

You must have some idea, you suggested it after all.
Reply 185
Oh God. So if the USA just disappeared right now, we would have world peace... Oh please as long as there are humans on the planet, there would never be world peace.
(edited 11 years ago)
The US, are the single biggest force for good the world has seen, since World War 2.

Who helped the Iraqi's dispatch Saddam Hussein?
Who came to the aid of tiny South Korea when Communism threatened large?
Who sorted out Slobodan Milošević?
Who stood up to the Soviet Union, toe to toe?
Who is the biggest donator in international aid on Earth?
Who came to the aid of tiny Kuwait?
Who finished off the evil Japanese empire?
Who protects Israel from many evil nations around them?

As an Englishmen, I think America are the greatest nation on earth, and we should support them in every way. Unpopular perhaps, but just my views!
Original post by Cephalus
I know a little history actually. I know for example that the Iran we see today is not the Iran that the West supported. They supported the Shah and did alot of trade with Iran. It was after the Islamic Revolution that things soured. It's not our mistakes.

And the USA has given Iran every possible chance to come to the negotiating table. Too many chances. And Iran will push America too far

If you know history, you know that we did play an important role in Iran's development. Yes we supported the shah, an undemocratic ruler who did us favors but didn't give his people fundamental rights. The Islamic Revolution happened because the first attempted revolution failed after we assassinated Mossadegh, the only democratic leader that Iran has ever known. We're obviously not solely to blame for how things have gone down in Iran but considering we destroyed their main shot at democracy we can hardly plead innocence.
Original post by Cephalus
Wrong. I think the USA actually offer the world some security when it comes to issues like Iran.

Iran NEVER in its history attacked Americans or Israelis in their own soil. Israel has attacked Iran numerous times.

Secondly israel attacked America in its own soil (the USS liberty incident). And even terrorised brits (king David hotel bombing)

http://www.juancole.com/2012/02/ring-of-iranian-bases-threatens-us.html

Does Iran have any military bases surrounding israel or the USA? No.

Secondly which of these 3 nations has violated the most UN/Geneva conventions. Israel...over 65 so far, none have been taken to court because of Americas veto.

Iran hasn't violated any so far.

I don't want you to think I'm a supporter of Iran, I would never support the islamic regime, but neither would I be blind, close minded and ignorant to get to the point of supporting an occupier and the worlds biggest threat to peace, israel. They all support human rights violations or have committed them. So they can all **** off. (Not the people/ citizens but the hypocrites in government)

But saying Iran is all to blame and its threatening the USA is the biggest pile of bull**** I have heard throughout my entire life.
Reply 189
Original post by yl_llb
Title of this thread is over the top yes. But I see America as the biggest warmongers in the world. By security regarding Iran, yeah, if it means you practically support Israel bombing the hell out of it then yes that is security. But to me, it reeks of human catastrophe.

just a different view on iran, america starting saying lots of crap about iran about the same time it became clear the iran was trying to set up a deal with india to trade oil for gold, and not the american dollar...
Iran NEVER in its history attacked Americans or Israelis in their own soil. Israel has attacked Iran numerous times.

Iran doesn't need to directly attack Israel. It funds its terrorist proxies to the tune of billions of dollars a year and gets them to do the work for them.

Does Iran have any military bases surrounding israel or the USA? No.

Do they need to in order to pose a threat? No. Not unless you believe in war by advancing armies.

Secondly which of these 3 nations has violated the most UN/Geneva conventions. Israel...over 65 so far, none have been taken to court because of Americas veto.

Rubbish.

Iran hasn't violated any so far.

Complete rubbish.

I don't want you to think I'm a supporter of Iran, I would never support the islamic regime, but neither would I be blind, close minded and ignorant to get to the point of supporting an occupier and the worlds biggest threat to peace, israel. They all support human rights violations or have committed them. So they can all **** off. (Not the people/ citizens but the hypocrites in government)

But saying Iran is all to blame and its threatening the USA is the biggest pile of bull**** I have heard throughout my entire life.

Oh the irony.
Lol did you research about the un resolutions and Geneva conventions to tell me that's ''rubbish''. Ignorance. Get me ONE UN/Geneva convention/resolution Iran has already violated and gotten away with, get me one.

Secondly its odd how you chose to ignore the terrorist attacks on the USS liberty and king David hotel by the Israelis. Yes, let's pretend they never existed. If israel cares so much about its existence it can **** off and go to war with Iran by itself, not drag us citizens lives into its own bull****.

Your double standards and hypocrisy is vile.
George Bush's administration had a terrible foreign policy which was a disaster. Obama has been an improvement as Libya was nothing compared to the disaster of Iraq. I don't know who is pulling the strings but the pro Israel movement in the US media and politics is definitely very strange.
The USA's problem is that it doesn't want to be challenged. It likes asserting its authority and having other countries obey it. If Iran gets nukes, it has its own leverage to use against America as protection. Iran has its own tensions with Israel and is probably more likely to enter into a conflict with Israel than the USA directly, hence why I think the USA is building relations with Israel.
Original post by DeemzBeamz
Lol did you research about the un resolutions and Geneva conventions to tell me that's ''rubbish''. Ignorance. Get me ONE UN/Geneva convention/resolution Iran has already violated and gotten away with, get me one.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. You think the terms UN resolution and Geneva convention are interchangeable? I laugh at your naivety. Iran has repeatedly violated non-proliferation treaties, treaties and resolutions banning the funding and support of terrorist groups, the UN Charter's statements on actions towards other states, refugee treaties, human rights treaties, etc. The killing of over one hundred thousand political prisoners since the 1979 Revolution dwarfs the Palestinian death toll.

Secondly its odd how you chose to ignore the terrorist attacks on the USS liberty and king David hotel by the Israelis. Yes, let's pretend they never existed. If israel cares so much about its existence it can **** off and go to war with Iran by itself, not drag us citizens lives into its own bull****.

Your double standards and hypocrisy is vile.

Why don't you do a search under my username for these terms. I've written about them before. I don't care much for conspiracy theories, and when the US government concludes that the bombing of the Liberty was accidental then I am inclined to believe them. I am also inclined to ignore people who criticise the bombing of the King David yet think up every excuse under the sun for acts of Palestinian terror. Either all terrorism is bad or none of it is. I prefer the former - the bombing of the King David (not done by the "Israelis", by the way, because Israel did not exist - it was carried out by a group widely condemned by most Zionists) was wrong, as were the hundreds of bombings carried out by Palestinians.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending