The Student Room Group

Ravensbourne University

Hi there, I would like to know what people make of Ravensbourne University undergraduate courses...It's just that I never hear anything of it.
I am considering taking one of the digital media subjects, I have heard it is great for Digital media but I don't understand why many do not go there for the undergraduate courses (I may be mistaken).

Thanks in advance.

P.S I am currently in clearing.
Reply 1
I know nothing about the course or anything about unis, but my dad is a tv editor and he says that ravensbourne is the only university worth going to for media course . I don't know whether this helps. good luck in clearing :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by social outcast
I know nothing about the course or anything about unis, but my dad is a tv editor and he says that ravensbourne is the only university worth going to for media course . I don't know whether this helps. good luck in clearing :smile:

Thanks! Could you ask if the undergraduate courses are good there and what course your Dad did (undergraduate etc)?

P.S So awesome your Dad's a tv editor.

Thanks again for responding! =)
Reply 3
Original post by Dude6230
Thanks! Could you ask if the undergraduate courses are good there and what course your Dad did (undergraduate etc)?

P.S So awesome your Dad's a tv editor.

Thanks again for responding! =)

He says that they offer a huge amount of practical experience which is way there good :smile: . My dad didn't do a degree and my uncle who works in special effects and editing has a degree in engineering sorry i know thats not very helpful:smile:
Reply 4
In a sense your dad is right but in other ways he is wrong.
see the other threads on this site to be up to date.Back in the day when ravensbourne was based in Chislehurst yes it had a very good rep with the TV industry.However, since moving to Greenwhich there's been a lot of dissatisfaction with the teaching and the staff think the management are are unsupportive.

Check out some of threads.
Reply 5
Also check this link to their ranking in the Guardian subject rankings - this is based on a number of factors including student satisfaction.
They are 84 out of 87 uni's offering media related courses both academic and practical.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/table/2012/may/22/university-guide-media-studies-communications-librarianship

Do think carefully they are perhaps not the best till they sort themselves out.
Reply 6
Original post by social outcast
He says that they offer a huge amount of practical experience which is way there good :smile: . My dad didn't do a degree and my uncle who works in special effects and editing has a degree in engineering sorry i know thats not very helpful:smile:

Thanks dude. lol, its alright, all will be well.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending