The Student Room Group

How should I play this

Ok so my housemate (let's call him Manfred Bobbins) has this friend (let's call him Agent L). Agent L used to come to our house quite a lot to hang out with Manfred Bobbins and I've always thought he's good looking and funny and well spoken and we like the same kind of music and his voice is lovely. ANYWAY, whenever he came round I would say hi and ask him how he was and he'd do the same, and sometimes I'd sit downstairs with him and Manfred Bobbins but we never really flirted or anything like that.

About a month ago we all went out drinking and myself, Manfred Bobbins and Agent L went back to our house for a smoke. We went out into the garage that Manfred converted into a den as we're not allowed to smoke in the house. Manfred has two armchairs in there so there wasn't anywhere for me to sit, so I perched on the edge of Agent L's armchair. We all smoked a joint and then just chilled out and somehow I ended up sitting on Agent L's lap. I was drunk so I'm not sure if I initiated this or he pulled me onto his lap, I can't remember. Anyway we were then holding hands and he was kind of stroking my hand with his thumb in little circles, it was really nice. But then Manfred Bobbins decided he was tired and wanted to go to bed, so we all got up and went inside. I went to the toilet and when I came out, Agent L had gone home and Manfred was in bed.

I've seen Agent L round ours a few times and it's been kind of awkward but we've just had the usual conversations. My problem is now that Manfred Bobbins has gone off to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival for a month and so Agent L won't be round anymore until Manfred gets back. I'd really like to hang out with him, maybe go for a drink but I don't know how to ask him. I don't have his number, but we are friends on Facebook but he hardly goes on there from what I can tell.

I'm also worried that if he says no or whatever, it will be really awkward when he comes round to see Manfred Bobbins. Maybe I should ask Manfred for Agent L's number? Although he'll definitely wind me up if I do that because that's just what Manfred's like.

Advice please! How would you approach this situation?
What have you got to lose? For all you know he could feel the same way and hey it's only a drink, no biggy! Good luck!
Reply 2
Yeah go for it, otherwise you'll just be stuck in the situation you are now wondering what would have happened. Then if he doesn't feel the same, you've said you don't really see him that often anyway so shouldn't be too awkward.

Also I really enjoy how you posted this, sounds more like a spy novel than a TSR post!

Quick Reply

Latest