The Student Room Group

Is UCL bad for enineering

Scroll to see replies

It isn't bad. It just has poor student satisfaction because it's taught in a shack.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an offer for Chem Eng.

I want to go there since its a target for IB and I really dont want to get into industry anyway.
Original post by Anonynmous
I have an offer for Chem Eng.

I want to go there since its a target for IB and I really dont want to get into industry anyway.

Kinda wasting your time doing engineering then. Might as well do a pure science or economics or something.
Original post by Smack
Kinda wasting your time doing engineering then. Might as well do a pure science or economics or something.

Still the course is something that I'm interested in anyway.

Should of applied for Econ.
Original post by a10
Not only is Southampton better than Cambridge for engineering but it has lower entry requirements they want AAA for most of their masters course as opposed to A*AA from Cambridge plus the extra stuff u gotta do to get In like interviews and tests and high ums scores! Cambridge is overated in my opinion

Cambridge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Southampton
Reply 45
Original post by SmaugTheTerrible
Cambridge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Southampton

Lol, how embarassing and immature of me. I don't even remember typing that :lol:

It is irrelevant which is better both will give you good education :smile:
Original post by Anonynmous
Still the course is something that I'm interested in anyway.

Should of applied for Econ.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks m8 :biggrin:
Reply 48
Hey Guys,
I got A* in physics and B in both maths and Biology last June, since the I've been in Trinity College Dublin doing engineering. I was just wondering what my chances were of getting UCL mechanical engineering(BEng) this coming September. Im currently waiting for a reply from UCAS, really hope i get it. Ill have done at least a year of engineering before coming to ucl and ill be 18 years old
absolutely regretted going to UCL for my master degree in crime and forensic science. Do Not Go. lecture rooms are small and overcrowded, smelly and hot. Main libraries really crap. Not enough study space. But some departments have their own library, could be better. Departments not helpful and one would never support your research if you are not from this department. Over-rated because they have lots of money. Lecturers only care about their research and does not give a damn to teaching. Only very few nice dudes in the biomedical research area, like Prof. Mark Thomas.
Reply 50
Original post by yvonnewind93
absolutely regretted going to UCL for my master degree in crime and forensic science. Do Not Go. lecture rooms are small and overcrowded, smelly and hot. Main libraries really crap. Not enough study space. But some departments have their own library, could be better. Departments not helpful and one would never support your research if you are not from this department. Over-rated because they have lots of money. Lecturers only care about their research and does not give a damn to teaching. Only very few nice dudes in the biomedical research area, like Prof. Mark Thomas.

wrong thread
If you are clever and lucky, you will end up in oxbridge. Lack of luck, go to Imperial. If you are bit average, still plenty of other places. UCL, not worth it. - honest suggestion from a master student in UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest