Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's enjoying their summer so far

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    for me not so well haven;t been anywhere and just stayed in home city for nearly 4 weeks

what else have people been up to
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pretty hard to enjoy with the results day looming over your head.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same as above for me really, not going to be able to enjoy myself until i know what I'm doing next year. Apart from that, I've got little money to spend and I've been working a ridiculous amount so its been pretty **** to be honest. Hopefully results day will be decent so I have an excuse to get pissed out of my mind.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not me, working most of the time, terrible weather, and no holiday planned.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Little bit mind numbing trying to entertain the kids.

We've so far done swimming once, cinema once (The Lorax), soft play once (going again tomorrow), plus walked a lot on the Trans Pennine Trail.

Also hubby and I ate out at a chinese restaurant last Thursday when the kids were at their nana's house.

We've got tickets for Camelot theme park that hubby won, but as the weather has been sort of lousy lately we're at a loss as to when to go.

My son's 5th birthday party is in a fortnight's time. Quite looking forward to that actually.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I can sympathise with those who are waiting for results, they definitely put a slight downer over the first half of a Summer.

I have had a great summer, despite the fact I'm not going on holiday. I got a 2:1 in my degree, graduated, I've been going to the gym regularly which I've discovered is great fun, I've been going out pretty much every night, I'm doing more writing and becoming more successful at it and generally I've just become a more positive and confident person.

Good luck to everyone for their results!
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're not the only one :/
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Enjoying it so much more than last year since I'm free from the looming threat of results day making me nauseous everytime my mind fails to keep the thought of it out.

so yeah pretty good times.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Dreadful to be honest. By the end of it, the whole Summer will just seem like a really long weekend as well
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    Little bit mind numbing trying to entertain the kids.

We've so far done swimming once, cinema once (The Lorax), soft play once (going again tomorrow), plus walked a lot on the Trans Pennine Trail.

Also hubby and I ate out at a chinese restaurant last Thursday when the kids were at their nana's house.

We've got tickets for Camelot theme park that hubby won, but as the weather has been sort of lousy lately we're at a loss as to when to go.

My son's 5th birthday party is in a fortnight's time. Quite looking forward to that actually.
    ooh I don't know if they do something similar near you but my local pool does a thing where if you take children on saturday morning its free. you could take them loads if you aren't busy ect. swimming is so fun

I don't really have any other suggestions because usually if I'm put in charge of children I entertain them by letting them make loads of mess, painting, baking, gardening ect.. but that usually makes the parents annoyed when I give them back since they have to clean them up. So since you are the parent you might not like those types of ideas.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Started amazing really - Got my second semester uni results back and I did pretty decently. Had a weekend in London with boyfriend at a festival and got to see some of the jubilee, then a week in Berlin where we stayed in a hostel and ran out of money on the last day and had to eat pretzels for breakfast because it was the only thing we could afford. :P He left to go back home and I went down and stayed with friends for a fortnight in a friend's student digs a train ride away from London, got to meet all my old college friends' new uni friends and basically spent the fortnight fending for ourselves and at some really great conferences in London.

It was all set to go downhill after that, but the boyfriend's familyhad organised a surprise weekend in Amsterdam for his birthday and wanted to bring me because we were missing each other so much so I ended up having four days in Amsterdam doing all the things in Amsterdam you do.

Now I've been home for a fortnight and the boyfriend is in Denmark and I'm too broke to do anything. It's been brilliant though, totally worth it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well my kids are mid teenagers, so they do their own thing.It's quite nice that they are almost independent of me now....means I get time to do things for myself.We dont have anything planned family wise, ie no holidays, might have a day or 2 out later in the month.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'm having a great time! Had a freakin' awful last semester and was feeling really depressed so I was dreading the summer but I'm actually having the best time. Not sure how I'll feel now it's August 1st, the deadline I gave myself to start reading for dissertation. No fun!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 1, 2012
New on TSR

Ways to improve university

Should university be free and harder to get in to?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.