Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kimi Raikkonen for WDC!

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Summer break and then SPA
    Coming off a 2nd place and heading to his favorite track, a win is definitely possible and can make Kimi a serious contender for Driver Championship.

BUT Lotus have to get their strategies right! Like the Hungaroring, the pitstop was played well.

Alonso is a phenomenal driver but lets face it, Ferrari are using Massa as a test driver!

Anyone else believe Kimi can challenge Alonso for WDC?
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ncorda)
    Summer break and then SPA
    Coming off a 2nd place and heading to his favorite track, a win is definitely possible and can make Kimi a serious contender for Driver Championship.

BUT Lotus have to get their strategies right! Like the Hungaroring, the pitstop was played well.

Alonso is a phenomenal driver but lets face it, Ferrari are using Massa as a test driver!

Anyone else believe Kimi can challenge Alonso for WDC?
    I reckon Kimi has a decent chance at Spa. It's a track he likes and can win at and with Lotus' new double DRS system in operation by then it will help a LOT on the long straight after EauRouge.

Think it is too early for WDC talk for him though as unless Alonso is VERY unlucky for the rest of the season, Kimi won't catch him with his current performances...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It would be so awesome to see Kimi win at Spa again and get his first win since his return, and Lotus's first win which is long overdue imo. It would spice up the championship so much more too! Hoping we could have 5 drivers to potentially win the WDC in Interlagos like 2010.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Kimi win again! He's so brilliantly funny in his own way.... I mean, nobody else could do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o

I saw him win at Silverstone in '07 and almost exploded with excitement! He was far better than the rest on that day, he showed his true skill! He certainly has the talent to win again, it's just a question of whether lotus can give him the car he needs. I doubt it will happen this year though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Autosport would seem to agree. Article in the current addition about Kimi's world championship chances, and online article about the team.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can't predict Spa. Never haven been able to, never will be able to. That's why it's magic.

Edit: Speaking of which, I hate this time of year. No F1 for soooo long. It's almost as horrible as the end of a season. Almost...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I can watch this interview over and over
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    You can't predict Spa. Never haven been able to, never will be able to. That's why it's magic.

Edit: Speaking of which, I hate this time of year. No F1 for soooo long. It's almost as horrible as the end of a season. Almost...
    BTCC next weekend
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reckon he has a very good chance as that lotus is really quick!
    Also, if they can get that F duct system on their car they are going to be scary fast!
    • 70 followers

ReputationRep:
    Whether or not Lotus will be able to really develop their car with the big boys (McLaren, RB and Ferrari)...... we will have to see. Everyone will be bringing updates, depends on which team manages to make their wind tunnel results translate into the real life car.

It just makes you think how they haven't managed to win a race this year. They should have chalked up two wins by now (Kimi in Bahrain and Grosjean with the dam alternator failing in Valencia )
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    BTCC next weekend
    Sick. That'll do!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sick. That'll do!
    And my plans to go have been stopped, does at least mean I'll see the Batman film though. Every cloud and all that...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    And my plans to go have been stopped, does at least mean I'll see the Batman film though. Every cloud and all that...
    Ah gutted. How come?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah gutted. How come?
    Would have stayed with my sister who lives an hour away. She is visiting home instead. Ah well.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

You can if Kimi's in it, he will win it if its dry. If it is wet he will crash, and Hamilton will be penalised
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goape)
    You can if Kimi's in it, he will win it if its dry. If it is wet he will crash, and Hamilton will be penalised
    :lol:

Absolute frikkin' joke.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    I'd love to see Kimi win again! He's so brilliantly funny in his own way.... I mean, nobody else could do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MlsMVzrp2o

I saw him win at Silverstone in '07 and almost exploded with excitement! He was far better than the rest on that day, he showed his true skill! He certainly has the talent to win again, it's just a question of whether lotus can give him the car he needs. I doubt it will happen this year though.
    I saw a video where schumacher was getting a award but when kimi was asked why he wasn't there he said 'I was taking a ****' on live tv
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex17595)
    I saw a video where schumacher was getting a award but when kimi was asked why he wasn't there he said 'I was taking a ****' on live tv
    That's the video I put on!

Here's another funny one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6e3bDs2lgw

This is a gooden to... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_68S3HLuRg
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The best impression I've seen of Kimi haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY2sji0ItRk
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    That's the video I put on!

Here's another funny one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6e3bDs2lgw

This is a gooden to... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_68S3HLuRg
    Youtube need links so you can understand what its about :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.