Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Do you or do you not believe any of the Olympic conspiracies?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never really payed attention to them and never believed anything that was said by people discussing the conspiracies.
    But a friend bought the topic up today and got me weirdly paranoid and i gave into it and started looking around on the internet. I still don't have a solid opinion on them.
    So do you, or do you not believe them?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest... I haven't heard any? Care to share?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's all true. I'm loading my AK47 as I type this out.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    What Olympic conspiracies are these? I didn't even know there were any :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The conspiracy theory that the Chinese played badly against the South Koreans in the badminton the other day to game who they were playing in the next round?

Clearly true.

The ones like this:

The mascots for the 2012 Games are far from cuddly and instead quite scary, the lights adorning the main Olympic Stadium bear a striking resemblance to the Illuminati pyramid featured on U.S. dollar bills, and the logo itself is, well....puzzling. Conspiracy theorists draw a compelling and passionate connection between these mysterious Olympic icons and the allegedly, London-based secret organizations including the Freemasons, Illuminati and even the British Royal Family.
    No. *******s.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    What Olympic conspiracies are these? I didn't even know there were any :confused:
    Just type in 'london 2012 conspiracy' on google. There's loads of people talking about them, some theories way weirder than others.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ameeraa)
    Just type in 'london 2012 conspiracy' on google. There's loads of people talking about them, some theories way weirder than others.
    Had a quick look, nope I don't believe them.

The funniest is when they've predicted something would happen on the opening ceremony and then magically nothing happened :rofl:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weird question but do you follow any sort of religion?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Weird question but do you follow any sort of religion?

Nope why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well just for this situation let's say you did, and your religion had a saying/teaching which really coincided with the conspiracies (not the weird alien ones, but the ones about people dying) would it or would it not freak you out? :/

• 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well just for this situation let's say you did, and your religion had a saying/teaching which really coincided with the conspiracies (not the weird alien ones, but the ones about people dying) would it or would it not freak you out? :/

Well I'd try and be realistic and look at the facts while realising that security at the Olympics is high enough not to worry. I guess I would still stay alert and would keep my eyes open though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    But there was all that stuff to do with security not being very good etc?
    I think i'm just worrying myself a little too much over what others are saying -.-

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think i'm just worrying myself a little too much over what others are saying -.-

Yeah, I think I remember reading that part of the book of Revelations where the appearence of the four horseman is preceded by a series of **** ups by G4S.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah they admitted to not being able to provide enough people for security, but that's why they got the army in to help out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There's the Illuminati Card Game conspiracy.

According to some the card game predicted 9/11. Notice the people wearing Olympic colours!

There always the old classic "Zion" in the Olympic Logo.

Conspiracy theorists are weird.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyleball)
    To be honest... I haven't heard any? Care to share?!
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kFHcOw9INj4
    Warn you it's scary hehe

• 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am slow indeed to believe things like this. However, I am worried that the games are vulnerable to attack. Partly due to this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...?newsfeed=true
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Was London predicted to have won the bid in 2012 in the 1990's too ?? Funny how they all popped up a year or a few months before. It is a target as with any major event though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who are indulging in these honestly need to get out more.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I HATE CONSPIRACIES!!!!!! Always some bull**** like oh usa bombed their own buildings and killed their own people as part of some elaborate illuminati political scheme.

And then you get some whackos making youtube videos showing us the conclusive proof why the conspiracy is true. :albertein:

**** Da Vinci code as well.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.