Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do people think of using cheats?

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what people's opinions are when it comes to using cheats in a game. Does it make it more fun, easier to finish etc. Are you against them and refuse to to use them?
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't use them at all until I've completed the game first. There are the odd exceptions, for example if I just want to tool myself up on GTA and go on a rampage.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Only when I have nothing left to do. Otherwise it ruins the games and theres no point in playing
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use it for sims

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    there are only two exceptions for cheats ......... GTA ... and SIMS
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Video games are supposed to be fun. If you have more fun playing legit, do that. If you have more fun playing with God Mode on and the ability to earn XP/ money at 1000x the normal rate, do that.

Just don't cheat when playing online against other people (modded controllers, aimbots, etc). That just makes you a tool
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Loool I love cheats in GTA they're just so unrealistic

You get caught up in a shooting and you're running out of health....*spawn jetpack*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used it when I played SIMS.

Let's face it, things were much better when you had endless money!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it all the time playing the Sims, but now with Sims 3, there was little need for endless money with the "inheritance lifetime achievement" and vampirism allowing you to live forever. Though I have become all of a sudden very tempted to go on now, use the cheat and buy all of the properties on the map. Interesting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Depends, I never use them whilst playing properly.

GTA rampage and those nuketroopers on age of empires don't count.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Normally play a game twice, once as it was made and once with as many cheats as the imagination can fathom. I just find it amusing flying through bit i found difficult the first time etc. But yeh Unless I/you play a MP game where everyone (literally) cheats then I/you don't its unfair on the other players.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    NOCLIP cheats are always useful for when you get stuck somewhere in the game environment too...
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use teleporting cheats in Morrowind as a way for fast travelling. Noclip is excellent if you're stuck. Reset actors command helps a lot if NPCs are stuck.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    I use them on the Sims sometimes
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're only cheating yourself.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't use them in most games 'cause it spoils the fun, but I can't survive without cheats in sims.

I'd die without the money cheat 'cause you can only afford about 3 items haha and the grim reaper would always be visiting my sims if it wasn't for the max health cheat (or whatever it's called!)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    GTA! YES!

San Andreas, with health cheats, police turned off, all the weapons, unlimited amo (so the rocket launcher fired like a machine gun!)... Perfect top it off with a bit of tractor towing, and that was a day sorted
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeddows)
    GTA! YES!

San Andreas, with health cheats, police turned off, all the weapons, unlimited amo (so the rocket launcher fired like a machine gun!)... Perfect top it off with a bit of tractor towing, and that was a day sorted
    ohhh yes ... and spawning an army copter ... and tank and everything hahaha
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    i always cheat, makes me feel like a god
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like the old fashioned cheats, y'know? Harmless cheats-doesn't annoy anyone online. Like unlocking all of the playable characters for multiplayer for example.
    However, hacking online games and generally f'ing everyone off with your auto-aim bots, seriously not cool.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 6, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.