The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by SecretCircus
Think of it as an intensive course for how you're going to cope with being hungover before lectures throughout the whole of university :biggrin:

First week of copious amounts of work+meeting new people+unforseen activities could be a seen as a very good start to Uni, or a terrible mistake:colone:
good game of iSketch everyone!!...

:sexface:
Reply 1482
Original post by Jakeeyy
Basically i had a 14" box (so the squat was around 2" below parallel) and you squat and sit on it for a second and explode it. It separates the concentric and eccentric portion of the lift making it much harder. I managed 80x5 whilst touch and go i could do 120x1 on Tuesday haha.

Farmers were...painful:wink:

That sounds like a terrific feeling haha. The burning sensation would just feel intensified from sitting down for a second. Might have to give it a go, when I'm squatting a bit higher that is. Might be suicidal to attempt now. :biggrin:

Oh I can imagine. Fight the pain, son! Heck, enjoy the pain.
Reply 1483
Original post by orange.bananna
I thought courses started the week after freshers?!

Nope, Freshers for Newcastle is 23rd-27th. My course begins on the 24th.

Providing i get in.
Reply 1484
Original post by Miller693
iSketch is finished now, so we can hopefully pick up the post count. Some very, erm, interesting drawings just then :sexface:

We should eh erm 'recreate' that session as a group again some day.

Original post by Jakeeyy
First week of copious amounts of work+meeting new people+unforseen activities could be a seen as a very good start to Uni, or a terrible mistake:colone:

If anything it'll teach you how to multitask, which would therefore make it a very good start :tongue:.
Original post by Jazzeh
We should eh erm 'recreate' that session as a group again some day.

Ahaa, I would be honoured to 'recreate' with you :sexface:
Original post by Jakeeyy
Nope, Freshers for Newcastle is 23rd-27th. My course begins on the 24th.

Providing i get in.

I'm hopefully off to Newcastle too, and my course says it starts on the 24th in track as well, but I'm pretty certain, everyone has freshers week and then courses actually start the 1st of October! Well I hope that's the case :s-smilie:
Reply 1488
Original post by SecretCircus
If anything it'll teach you how to multitask, which would therefore make it a very good start :tongue:.

I can multitask but i much prefer being lazy:colondollar:
Reply 1489
I'm hopefully off to Newcastle too, and my course says it starts on the 24th in track as well, but I'm pretty certain, everyone has freshers week and then courses actually start the 1st of October! Well I hope that's the case :s-smilie:

Oh, what course?
Goodnight guys :h:

:goodnight:

:bath:

:sleep:
Hmm, I'm only moving in on the 29th September (touchwood) with Freshers being empty until introductory lectures start on the Thursday or Friday after I think :confused:
Original post by SecretDuck
Goodnight guys :h:

:goodnight:

:bath:

:sleep:

Have a good :sleep: :smile:
Reply 1493
Original post by Miller693
Ahaa, I would be honoured to 'recreate' with you :sexface:

The bromance is strong in this one.

Reply 1494
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Probably iSketch :biggrin:

Damn I missed it xD

This was posted from the :sexface: app for my iPhone.
Original post by Jazzeh
The bromance is strong in this one.

Possibly a little too strong for strangers, particularly considering the position :wink:
Original post by Jakeeyy
Oh, what course?

Dentistry. You're doing Law right?

Well I hope that's how it works, I don't think courses would actually start during freshers.
Reply 1497
Ah. Just been having a lil' browse of TSR, as you do, and saw someone that was in the year above me in sixth form. Time to make sure I've said nothing incriminating and to avoid them at all costs. :albertein:
Reply 1498
Dentistry. You're doing Law right?

Well I hope that's how it works, I don't think courses would actually start during freshers.

Indeed. I'm excited for it now, providing i get in.
Original post by Jazzeh
Can categorically state that, as a forum, we can't draw for our lives. Obviously I'm an exception, but nonetheless.

Fun though. :sexface:

I can't draw (or spell) pomegranates :facepalm2:

Latest