The Student Room Group

Durham Vs. KCL Vs. Manchester

yea, sorry ot be annoying and create one of these threads but i have started having serious doubts about accepting my KCL offer and i know i can change it through UCAS so any advice available on which of these is better is hugely appresciated. frankly i am rather indifferent to all three but i just wanted to know in terms of rep, status, future job prospects etc. thanks in advance for all help:smile:
Reply 1
KCL - go for it.
Reply 2
I didn't apply to Manchester, but both Durham and KCL. I would say KCL may have a bit of edge in terms of reputation and job prospects (than Durham I mean, Manchester comes last), at least in my place. But I just like Durham sooo much, and seeing Durham is highly-regarded still, while KCL is giving a lower offer. I'm therefore putting Durham as firm and KCL as insurance.
Anyway, it's just my case. If you like KCL, just go for it :smile:
Reply 3
thanks a lot for your help guys. if KCL hadnt made me a 4 a level offer, they would have been my backup but AABB is higher than AAB so :rolleyes:
Reply 4
hm im not sure. I would go for durham, in terms of reputations, I'd say Durham surpasses, im surprised everyone here has put it behind KCL.
Reply 5
hm im not sure. I would go for durham, in terms of reputations, I'd say Durham surpasses, im surprised everyone here has put it behind KCL.

i agree here. for Law, the top three is undoubtely Cambridge/Oxford/Durham. Manchester close behind then KCL. KCL is perceived to be great because it's in London.
Reply 6
pingwe
i agree here. for Law, the top three is undoubtely Cambridge/Oxford/Durham. Manchester close behind then KCL. KCL is perceived to be great because it's in London.
I don't agree with this. Oxbridge is just above everybody else. Then UCL/Durham/KCL/LSE/Warwick/Bristol/Nottingham are all pretty much equal behind them with regard to reputation. You can't say that one is better than the other.
Reply 7
I'd say that Durham and KCL are comparable. Pick one depending on the kind of lifestyle you prefer. I would undoubtedly pick Durham since I love the collegiate system, castle-like buildings, etc. On the other hand, KCL is in the heart of London where the pace of life is blazingly fast.

Latest