The Student Room Group

Would you recommend not wearing glasses for a medical interview?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goape
Excuse me for not knowing exactly your eyesight level. Nor did I assume you would.

It's a simple thread; glasses vs contacts. Stop making assumptions and acting like Mr know it all.
Reply 21
Original post by cucumber+lettuce
It's a simple thread; glasses vs contacts. Stop making assumptions and acting like Mr know it all.

So wear whichever you find most comfortable to wear. I'm not Mr know it all, I'm just giving a basic answer (which I shouldn't have had to make) to a basic question.
Original post by goape
So wear whichever you find most comfortable to wear. I'm not Mr know it all, I'm just giving a basic answer (which I shouldn't have had to make) to a basic question.

Well, I was actually looking to hear from people who have thought about the same thing. I know from personal experiences and from friend's experiences that there are certain situations where we sometimes ask ourselves ''whether to wear our glasses''. For example, I never wear my glasses for photographs, I just prefer to have them off. Although it might seem like a basic question to you, it's actually something quite common which glasses wearer think off ... like a user who replied to this thread.
I can't believe people have actually worried about this. I wear glasses and never even considered not wearing them for the sake of interviews :K:

Just wear whichever feels more comfortable :yep:
take a bunch of calpol and parcetemol and a white doctor jacket too
Original post by manic_fuzz
I can't believe people have actually worried about this. I wear glasses and never even considered not wearing them for the sake of interviews :K:

Just wear whichever feels more comfortable :yep:

Oxford would have probably preferred to see glasses. :tongue:
Original post by umarrehman187
take a bunch of calpol and parcetemol and a white doctor jacket too

No steth?
Reply 27
Well, I was actually looking to hear from people who have thought about the same thing. I know from personal experiences and from friend's experiences that there are certain situations where we sometimes ask ourselves ''whether to wear our glasses''. For example, I never wear my glasses for photographs, I just prefer to have them off. Although it might seem like a basic question to you, it's actually something quite common which glasses wearer think off ... like a user who replied to this thread.

I do actually wear glasses and contacts but I'm afraid I can't dictate your personal preference of which feels more comfortable for you.
Reply 28
No reasons why you shouldn't. If you normally wear them and need them, then you should wear glasses :yep:
Original post by goape
I do actually wear glasses and contacts but I'm afraid I can't dictate your personal preference of which feels more comfortable for you.

We're just going round in circles here and not getting anywhere ... night.
No steth?

ahhh thats it that too
Wear which ever you're most comfortable with :smile:
Reply 32
We're just going round in circles here and not getting anywhere ... night.

Yes, because no one can help you anymore than me / manic fuzz / bright inspiration have.
i understand the dilemma, had this discussion extensively with myself before all my interviews :tongue:. decided to go with them in the end, but to be honest, if you have a smile and a general positive aura about you, that is all they will look at, and won't register the glasses/no glasses issue at all :smile:. glasses definitely don't suggest all work and no play :wink:

best of luck! :smile:
Reply 34
You're right. Here you are asking us if you should be wearing glasses or not. They should definitely think about adding the "glasses" section to the entry requirements.
Original post by periwinkle304
i understand the dilemma, had this discussion extensively with myself before all my interviews :tongue:. decided to go with them in the end, but to be honest, if you have a smile and a general positive aura about you, that is all they will look at, and won't register the glasses/no glasses issue at all :smile:. glasses definitely don't suggest all work and no play :wink:

best of luck! :smile:

Thanks, maybe it's an Indian thing.
Reply 36
Surely you want to look studious in a medical science interview?
Original post by Ham22
Surely you want to look studious in a medical science interview?

Not necessarily, maybe for a biochemistry, engineering or physics interview ...
Reply 38
right.
Reply 39
Do whichever you prefer if it makes you feel more comfortable. Just bear in mind that the admissions staff aren't looking at you wondering if you'd suit their brand image like a typical interview might and so they aren't going to care about whether you wear glasses or not.

Focus on giving good answers rather than whether or not they'll like you more with glasses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending