The Student Room Group

How to enhance naturally curly hair?

Hey guys I was just looking for a bit of advice on how to enhance my naturally wavy/curly hair. After I shower I normally let it dry naturally and once dry I brush it but it looks a bit dry. What products would you guys recommend I use on my hair e.g mousse or what your daily hair regime is.

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks you! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Brushing ruins your curls... try finger-combing them gently.
About the products, I don't have curly hair so I'm not sure but I think you should get these hair creams that keep curly hair moisturized
Reply 2
Thats a great way to detangle :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lali333
Hey guys I was just looking for a bit of advice on how to enhance my naturally wavy/curly hair. After I shower I normally let it dry naturally and once dry I brush it but it looks a bit dry. What products would you guys recommend I use on my hair e.g mousse or what your daily hair regime is.

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks you! :smile:

First off, don't ever brush your hair whilst dry! I have curly hair myself, and it too can get frizzy, if I don't take care of it properly, that is. Buy yourself a wide toothcomb and only use it when your hair is wet, not after you shower, but during, while you're still conditioning your hair. Wash it out with cold water, and then towel dry, preferably using a curl-ease towel, which you can purchase at www.britishcurlies.co.uk/store. The products I use are from the TIGI Catwalk Curlesque Collection, and they work wonders! You must try the Curls Rock Amplifier, it’s absolutely amazing! Anyhow, I hope this helped you out a bit :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
I used 'twisted sista' shampoo and conditioner. I comb my hair while it has conditioner in it then I put Boots own-brand curly hair mousse in my hair while its still wet.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yep, I came here to give this exact advice.

Go onto the British Curlies website, and have a look at what they say. Your curls will start to come out more using their routines. Very helpful.
Reply 6
I use John Frieda Frizzease serum followed by some got2b blow dry oil

Quick Reply

Latest